• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Faces of War demo

Bolt

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 2, 2006
In the steppes of Crimea
For those who don't know, Faces of War is a sequel to Soldiers: Heroes of WW2, an awesome strategy\action game. In fact, it has the best physics i've ever seen and its famous mod, BTRH, has the best tank fighting - ever.
And now you can download its demo, which is 334 mb and has 2 levels! Hooray!
http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=1317&id=8082
God damn, i forgot to insert the link. :(

Last edited:
-total arcade, no realism
-*sigh* the next "OMFG ALLIES ROXXORED THE DUMB GERMANS" WW2 game, the first mission is yet another stealth mission in 1337 style to take out the entire german army with 2 squads.
-many bugs
-couldn't finish it because it sucks and is too hard for the first mission, hey devs ever heard of something called learningcurve and realism? I've played Close Combat and that's a piece of cake compared to this game. It wouldn't be so hard if it were more realistic AND IF IT HAD A "SAVE" OPTION.

Wasted time and bandwith imo, but what can you expect from UBI. Let's wait for company of heroes.

PS: That's just my opinion. I'm not really a good RTS player I just want to have fun. Strange that I had way more fun with the best and most realistic RTS.

Upvote 0
Onion said:
Omg YES! finally a demo!

To everyone hating on the game for being you vs 10000 german guys, ya well, thats the SP campaign for you. But the real highlight of Soldiers heroes of ww2 and this sequel will be the mods that add realistic battles, and great multiplayer.

How do you know that they gonna release the tools for that?

I wasn't really impressed with the engine either, the KI is just plain dumb. Captain of Heroes looks better so far.

Is there no way to skip the first mission? :rolleyes:

@Lionel-RIchie

True, but most devs can't even make a decent arcade game.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
The original game is very arcade, but i don't give a damn crap about it. I bought it not because of a single player, but because of the most awesome multiplayer, and i'm sure Battle Team Russian Hammers will do a great work to make this game into a realism beauty.

So do the devs support modders?
Are there already mod teams for this game?

Upvote 0
Yeah, there are quite a lot mods for the first game and the most important mod-team is going to develop its mod for the sequel. This game has open-resources, so expect a lot of mods.
And after playing the demo.. ***** it's bad. Devs said that there will be two levels of difficulty - arcade and tactical. Looks like this is former.. But nevermind, i'm already waiting for Faces of War BTRH mod. :) It'll rock.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
Yeah, there are quite a lot mods for the first game and the most important mod-team is going to develop its mod for the sequel. This game has open-resources, so expect a lot of mods.
And after playing the demo.. ***** it's bad. Devs said that there will be two levels of difficulty - arcade and tactical. Looks like this is former.. But nevermind, i'm already waiting for Faces of War BTRH mod. :) It'll rock.

Sounds interesting! Do they have a website?

Upvote 0
Boy, you can sure tell that a non-English company made the game as soon as the soldiers start "talking."

Like having to get the secret stuffing out of the radar (Thanksgiving Turkey Radar?). I'm guessing for the demo they just ran the game through the Google Translator, at least I'm hoping, because that was bad.

I was a little overwhelmed by it because it just throws you in there without a tutorial, and so I didn't have the keys memorized and had no idea how the interface worked (some of my guys just stood around, etc). Maybe I'll try again and see if I can make it to the second mission. I'd really like to try Company of Heroes and hope it's better.

Upvote 0
Normal game, not the demo, will have a tutorial, just like the original. If you have some questions, go ahead, ask, i'll try to explain. A little hint: use direct control (END button) as much as possible, it will save you nerves: throw grenades with it, shoot. If you are using a tank or an AT-gun, you definetly want to go into direct control mode! This way you can choose where to shoot at. Vehicles in this game have a lot of damage zones: you can break tank's tread, jamm its turret, kill it with one shot into fuel tanks or ammo storage, destroy its gun so that it won't be any danger for you and much much more. Use it and you'll love it. :)
Also, some useful keys: use TAB to highlight weapons which are lying on the ground. When in direct control mode, space button makes your soldiers go prone, right mouse button to switch to grenade. Plus on the numpad reloads current gun.

As for BTRH. Yes, they do have a website, but a crappy one and there's no info about their plans with making new mod to Faces of War. But we know each other because we hang out on one forum, so i know for sure - they will make one. :)
If you have or can get somewhere original Soldiers: Heroes of WW2, then you definetly want to check this out. http://www.rus-hammers.com/index.php

Upvote 0