• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cool video about one of the best tanks in the World

Ralfst3r said:
Best tank is the Leopard, but ok :p

Well you say that, but it really hasnt seen any 'real' action.

Any form of anti-tank infantry weapon can disable/destroy modern tanks. Nothing is indestructable. So what makes the leopard so special.

I would agree that it is the sexiest tank out there, with abrams second (just love that tank!!) but I would not [FONT=&quot]necessarily [/FONT] agree that it is the best!

I think in its native enviroment, it certainly does excell and might be quicker then the Abrams cross country, but in desert conditions it hasnt really been tested.

Modern warfare will not be set in the snowy forestlands of sweden, or the green fields of the Balkans. But it will be set in moondust country, Asia & the middle-east.

I would not agree that the merkhava is the best either as it has not been tested to the full. Im sure it would fare exremely well against Russian fossils which make up most of its neighbours tank arsenals. But against the Leopard and/or Abrams, I beleive weak armour might be its downfall...

Anyways you cant really say whos the best as none of these tanks will ever face each other in combat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very nice piece of machinery. Definitely one of the coolest looking tanks - not that it has much to do with its combat effectiveness.

My personal favorite is the Leopard though, really massive and has a bit of the same looks as the Tiger - The A4 model that is. Last friday I had eight of those FDF Leopards drive past me on the opposite lane, coming from a practice. First comes an UAZ 469 with a warning sign "TANKS", then the MT-LB command vehicle and after that eight Leopards in a line, rumbling past me. ****ing. Awesome. Vehicle.

Another favorite is the T-72. Awesome looking, and certainly combat proven, while not a worthy opponent to modern tanks anymore.

Upvote 0
I would not be so sure about that. Sure, they both countries' crews do have some experience under their belts, but shooting at obsolete Soviet steel with inexperienced crews with depleted uranium ammunition through sand dunes or providing fire support against RPG wielding insurgents is very different from fighting against highly trained and technologically advanced army in armored combat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Too sexy for his Tank said:
I know that Israelis on most cases defeated the Americans.

I believe it. The Israeli soldiers are some of the best in the world. Especially their 'Special Forces', not to mention their secret covert troops. The tank in the video is impressive, we may just see some of them on TV here in the short future, because they are creating a buffer zone in southern parts of Lebanon. Its a proxy war set off by Iran, who is intent on Israels destruction, Hezbollah being the tool. Anyway, these are obvious statements, and I'm getting off topic. Nice link Klaus, thanks.

Upvote 0
to say that something isnt the best because it has never been combat proven is an arguement full of holes, for example the new F-22 or F-35 have not been "combat" proven but who can say that they arent the best fighter jets in their roles. But i have to agree eiht the idea that now days who ever get the first well aimed shot off will most likely win.

Upvote 0