• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Xfire problem

Thanks for the help guys! What I did to get mine to work instead of the dummy files [no luck here] was to copy the .ncf files to another directory and rename them .gcf....then simply cut and paste the renamed files to the steam apps folder....then went into the xfire options as detailed above to point it to the steam folder.... works here now!

-totenkopf_44

Upvote 0
i have another problem with xfire though

with directx9.0, xfire ingame chat works
with just directx xfire ingame chat does NOT work, i just hear the sound of someone talking to me via xfire, but i cant see the message and i cant reply to it with scrolllock x either.

the answer would be use directx9.0 :p but unfortunately, directx9.0 messes up my graphics. for example on baksan valley as a german, you go to the church, the walls in front of that church on the right side, against the frozen river, thanks to the graphical bug with directx9.0 it looks like the wall is ON the river, instead of the land, and anything hidden there is unvisisble to me thanks to all the jaggies directx9.0 creates :( but xfire ingame chat works
with directx normal, everything is fine, the wall is just on the ground where it should be, no jaggies, nothing, i can see everything perfectly fine, only motion blur does not work then :( and xfire ingame chat does not work :(

why?:( :confused:

Upvote 0