• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

less points for resupplying mger

The reason people care about points is because, in this game, its the ONLY thing that gives any indication AT ALL about how you are performing.

I agree that the scoring system is hugely flawed, and - for a good player - mostly useless. But, since there is no emphasis put on anything else (including living or dying) the point system at least gives us some solid ground on which to stand.

Upvote 0
Who care about points?
- All those who DO care about points!
ANd that is alot more than those who doesnt I am quite sure!

If you care about winning the round, it is also some kind of a point/score/reward....
Enjoying pure teamwork without any awards except winning the round, appeal to only few persons.
Cause ppl have a ego and want to feel that they master the game as an individual.
With only few persons, we have emty servers and nobody to recruit.

A solid reward system, will do a great deal for selling the game/recruiting ppl.
It will also help beginners understand what the game is about as they dont get score if they dont teamwork.

I suggest you visit this link to discuss about scoring:

http://redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10266

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
Why in world do you actually care about points?

They mean NOTHING.

Huzzah! Someone sees it how I do!

Points are not an accurate representation of how well you're doing in a server. I say idle at the outskirts of an objective for a few minutes, and came back to my computer and I had 30 points... Does that mean that I'm some sort of "uber-elite veteran" who deserves to be respected, and looked up to by new players? Am I really setting an example?

The day that Tripwire opens up some sort of "store" where you can redeem in-game points for clothing, novelties, etc, is the day that I will start worrying about my score.

As for tracking how I am performing, I play with two pieces of scrapwood. On one I mark my kills; On the other my deaths. But seriously; I just know when I'm "in the zone" I can feel it.

Upvote 0
The points are fine as is. A couple days ago on Lyes Krovy I died only 2 - 3 times as a German MG'er and my team kept me full at all times. I kept the Russians at bay for 2 full rounds and without them supplying me with ammo we might have lost indeed. I can safely say this since I was a the top of the German scoreboard with 90-some points; all of those were kills and I was far above any other German.

If I would have to run around getting more ammo I would have to leave my post and the Russkies would be able to run past my position.

I am quite sure that was partly due to the 5 points you now get.

Upvote 0
It promotes teamwork among players.

If your upset that someone is "point whoring" supplying the MG, then my question is, why are you not there supplying the MG? If the points are that big of a deal, then go get em yourself.

Personally I supply every MG I see, even if its a bit out of the way. Both for the quick points and the fact that he/she will need the ammo. Most of the time, Im the only guy supplying them anyways, so until the teamwork becomes of second nature to everyone, I say keep the point bonus to help coax others to do it.

Upvote 0
Most Mgs I resupply say thank you so I don't think they resent me getting 5 points. I wouldn't care if resupplying didn't count for any points because a good MG can turn the whole map for my team. I played on a server that deducted 5 points for tks which seemed to cut down on tks. Also, as someone else suggested, subtracting 1 point for each death is a reasonable idea.

Upvote 0
Points don't matter as far a I'm concerned. A high score might be an indication that you're doing well, a low score doesn't have to mean the opposite. In my best game so far I was German MG and throughout the game I was able to deny the Russians an approach (in Odessa) throughout the round. This meant they were channeled into the fire of my teammates. I killed all 15 men or so that tried to hook around. Over the whole round 15 points or so is very little but the contribution to victory in the round was substantial. Didn't get killed once myself that round, just produced a FK when someone ran through my field of fire :eek:
.... Never run in front of a positioned MG......

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
I realize that this seems high, but I think it would work better if you could only resupply the MGer if he wasnt "full" on ammo. Currently the MGer doesnt get more ammo if he is full but to the giving player it and the game it looks like it was given. That would help. You need the incentive to get people to work together, plus the MG is the center of the (at least german) squad.

yes, here in game, he often seems to be the "last" ass on the field :(

though! to get 5 points for resupling with ammo, FINALLY helped realy, near never have problems with amunition anymore, this was in the mod, a tru problem sometimes.

Upvote 0
Five points does seem kinda high but I completely understand the rationale for it. Perhaps a change where resupply points are rewarded inversely to the MG's ammo supply. In other words, 3 points for when the MG has a lot of ammo remaining and 6 points when he is completely empty. In between those two extremes 4 or 5 points can be rewarded.

Another option would be to reward a resupplier more if he responds to a request for more ammo.

Upvote 0
I haven't really played as MG since the mod but it seems like they could do with more ammo to start with. What does the MG42 get 200 rounds or something? That hardly seems enough for what an MG was intended for which is a supressive/defensive base spraying volumes of bullets. It's gone almost instantly. BTW the barrel change animations are badass & sexy I must say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quietus said:
I haven't really played as MG since the mod but it seems like they could do with more ammo to start with. What does the MG42 get 200 rounds or something? That hardly seems enough for what an MG was intended for which is a supressive/defensive base spraying volumes of bullets. It's gone almost instantly. BTW the barrel change animations are badass & sexy I must say.

I consider myself a great machine gunner, but I rarely use all the ammo. :eek:

Upvote 0
Just like Drew Carry says it on Whos Line.... The game where the Points dont matter... and yet it still makes u look pretty damn good... Besides.. it is true where you have no one giving the MG any ammo.... If anytyhing, its a win win situation, your keeping ur MG alive longer and ur teamates, and ur getting free points... so why complain about it...

And wat really gets me annoyed is when ur in a game and ur MG is yelling over VOIP, I NEED AMMO! and every1 still just passes him by.... DUH! Its all about teamwork, if ur gonna have idiots not helping the team, tough, they dont get free points.... its as easy as that... You give the ammo... you deserve the points... You are doing your part....

Also I remember playing on Hill Flak 88 as germans... our MG was on the big hill and since he was just unloading belt after belt of ammo, I served as his ammo guy.... I would give him ammo, then run down to the ammo crate at that morter spot, get the ammo, run back to our MG and keep resupplying him... Not only was I the only one actually helping the MG out, but I was getting free points.... and above all I was also resposible for helping our MG massacre the ruskies as they tried to run up the morter hill... And that is why giving ammo is important...

Its fine as is.... this is not something that has to be worried about.... its the class names and bug fixes we should be focusing on here LMAO!:D

Upvote 0