• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Preview- My First Map "*insert namer here*"

Capt.Marion

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
Alrighty- Enough of my criticism! I was bored so I decided to make a map. Basically it is a dawn map on an overcast day. On a big hill, with some railroadtracks cutting straight across the center, a caved in tunnel at one end and the tracks going off into nothingness at the other. (Quite literally)

Main features: two flatbed cars (SMs found on Map orchestra, btw wickedpenguin- nice sm's.) with two piles of crates, some 55gal drums, 3 pak 40's, and, in all honestly, a bf109. The crates are the location of a resupply point.
Next main feature- crash-landed Junker Ju52. Panzerfaust pickups.

SShots of the CA version:

UPDATE 1:
Oh, did I mention that it is a deathmatch map?
still have yet to resize and post screenshots.

Update 2: I'm out of town for a while, has slowed down progress.
name changed to RO-Skirmish
Added:
A little shed w/ 2 rooms and 2 doors.
Lights along the tracks near the shed
another resupply point (A wrecked litle green tracked tractor thing)

Some intended changes when I get the chance:
Further spawn exit protection for the gerrys
Changed reinforcements
Changed loadouts for germans (frag nades for only the Gruppenfuhrer and MG) (1 mag of ammo for StoBtruppen)
More cover
**MAYBE** a tank for each army (might make a seperate CA map outta it)

update 3: Been in town for a few days, thus more changes.
  • No sunlight, yet lights scattered around to create a pre-dawn like not-so-dark feel
  • Made a CA version with a T34/76 and a Pz. IV F1. One Tank Commander + Two Tank Crewmen for each side
  • Tweaked reinforcements.
  • Added more cover for Russians to get out of their spawn, as well as for the Germans
  • Added some hedgehog blockades to prevent tanks from roaming all over the map
  • removed some bomb/arty craters
  • added screenshots, if you didn't see them.

Last edited: