• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
The PTRD and PTRS were made in similar numbers, they were both very simple to make so it wouldn't be very unrealistic at all to include it in game. Germans kill tanks to easily with PzFausts. The PTRS would just even out he balance between AT rifle and Pzfausts.

I agree with the idea that repeated shots with the PTRD should drain stamina, apparently firing in rapid succession caused broken bones in the shoulder. I guess this could also be implemented, you get injured in the arm if you fire the weapon too quickly.

Upvote 0
saddletank said:
I would say no to including the PTRS. First it was used in limited numbers compared to the PTRD so to represent the average battlefield the PTRD is the more appropriate weapon. Second there seems to be something inherently broken ATM in the game balance between infantry and armour(*): infantry kill tanks too easily, anything that increases the infantry chances against tanks is a Bad Thing (tm) until the game balance is tipped the other way.

* can discuss this if you like :)

...The PTRS wouldn't do that much harm to tanks. Hell, it barely does anything to the IVs and IIIs unless you know exactly where to hit them.

Upvote 0
Nifel said:
If the PTRS would be less accurate I don't want it. Often you need to use it on pretty long ranges and if you can't hit the ammo compartment on a regular basis on 500 m then it's useless.

You don't need to balance it like the bolt vs semi-auto rifles, simply because there is no need and it would make it less useful. In many cases it wouldn't make a dent anyway.

It's the same gun, just different ammo loading style. Make it so that you get twenty rounds with the PTRS or four groups of five rounds.

Then make it so that it jams occasionally and you lose a shell when it misfires.

Upvote 0
What the PTRS means to me

"TOTAL INFANTRY OWNAGE"

I for one would completly swear off tank hunting and just pick on infantry all day. PTRS would be the equivilent of the Barret A1. It will demorilize and terrify german infantry. Course then again I would be able to finnaly kill a halftrack too. I swear to god halftracks are tougher than tanks, they need 6-7 hits to go down.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
The way i see it, either we need the PTRS, or we need to reduce the amount of Fausts you can carry.

Both. As I understand it, the Panzerfaust had no carrying straps, so carrying just one with another weapon is a stretch. Carrying three is just silly, especially since the little peckers can knock out any tank in one shot. Do that, and bring the effectiveness of the 14.5 mm Soviet round back down to realistic levels, and anti-tank work will be more thrilling than it is now.

Upvote 0
How about implement it in the game, and instead of choosing PTRS vs PTRD the pick would be random, determined by the numbers that were manufactured. This would be more realistic, and not make the AT class as uber. I'm all for it being included in game, and it can be included quite realistically as well.

There should also be a bit of time between shots, to get your target again and recover as well as a chance of the gun jamming and being completely worthless. With a random chance for the gun to become useless, and a limited amount of availability, the germans would have nothing to complain about.

Upvote 0
Make the PTRS / PTRD do realistic damage, ie. no damage vs the tanks that could take a hit np, and make it easier to take out tracks, wheels etc. Annoying when I fire 5 rounds into the engine of a halftrack and it's still driving on without problems. Or I waste 10 rounds into it's tracks / wheels and it's just running me over. After all that's how I learned to use the 12.7 mm (.50 cal) in the army... and it should be used for that purpose mainly in RO as well I think.

Upvote 0
When and if they get around to making damageable systems on tanks (like weapons, viewports, tracks, etc...) they can lower the damage on the PTRD (and other AT Rifles).

Until then, they'd serve no purpose in the game. Weakpoints on tanks aren't modelled yet. So any map past 1943 would be pretty pointless to have them (and that's like 99% of the maps with tanks on them).

Upvote 0
I dont think the PTRS would be a bad idea, I mean think about it, if you dont like to use it then dont spawn with one, if it becomes unfair in the game, for the operator or his enemies, we can allways fine tune it to be more realistic and fair.

I totally understand arguments against smoke grenades and flame throwers for the sake of playability, but when you can pack the rare police-issued MP-41 on the feild in large numbers (I barely see MP-40's on those few maps anymore.) I dont really see a reason to not include the PTRS and other suggested weapons in the game.

Besides, the fact that its less powerful but fires faster is only what makes it different compared to all the other guns, they each have good and bad points and you choose them according to what you want to do, if you want power go with the PTRD but if you need to fire faster then use the PTRS.

Also, even though the PTRS may have been unreliable in reality, right now we dont have anything in the game to simulate malfunctions and even though it would be interesting I doubt it would even happen.

I understand saying no on including it right now because your allready working on stuff or your feeling overwhelmed with these requests and with all the bugs to still fix, but thats why you can make a note of it and look at it later when the more important stuff is finished.

I say do what your doing now and seriously look at including the PTRS at a later date.

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0