• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

next gen expectations

zeroethics

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
I just found the e3 trailer for call of duty 3 and it looks really spectacular. The new brothers in arms, hell's highway, trailers look awesome too. Although I am sure parts of the call of duty trailer were doctored, I wonder if we can really expect to see this kind of camera motion in these next gen games. That camera motion, like the head is moving, just looks so incredible.

Have you seen crysis? That game looks sweet!
bla5ip.jpg

208714_full.jpg

206780_full.jpg

Upvote 0
Tomcat_ha said:
Supreme commander seems to be the only true next gen rts. For fps games next gen is only better gfx ,improved physicsand larger levels. There doesnt seem to be a major gameplay innovation.
That's the same as saying Supreme Commander isn't any improvement over Total Annihilation... :D

However, you said yourself, an improvement in physics and larger levels.
Those do change gameplay, look at Half-Life 2 for instance...

Upvote 0
Err said:
I just hope that with all the eye candy the developers don't forget to write a game. I'll take fun, immersive gameplay over pretty graphics any day.
Thirded. Games like Darwinia will smash opposition if they focus on graphics too much. Which is essentially why I'm not fussed about the next gen games any more than I'm fussed about the current gen or the last gen.

Upvote 0