• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If You Have Low FPS

NOTE: This works only for those with Hyperthreading or Dualcore processors.This fix more than doubled my fps, I play now with anywhere from 45 to 60ish Fps with a Radeon9200 at 1280x960. Click here to check it. So if you have a hyperthreading or dualcore processor I would really do this, helps the fps tremendously, with no drawbacks.

Also run low quality sound, and no shadows. Don't really see them as important. Hope this helps you guys with low fps.

Gunrun247 said:
This always confuses me, does AMD's hypertransport act the same as Intels Hyperthreading?

No. Hyperthreading is designed to create 2 logical processors (sort of -- it just makes your computer *think* it has two processors) It's more like multiple threads being able to run _almost_ concurrently.

Hypertransport works externally from the processor, I beleive. It is a means of different components on the same motherboard communicating with one another.

Upvote 0
Murphy
Speaking of the task manager: Of what use is the priority setting? Does it really higher the priority of a certain process thus making it run faster? And why does it state that it could be dangerous under certain circumstances if you set the priority of a process manually?
I always start steam on BelowNormal priority, gave me a good 10-15 fps boost in DoD:S (don't know how much, if any, better fps you will get in RO). Go to the start menu and open up Run, copy and paste this into it:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE /c start "Steam" /belownormal "C:\Program Files (or whatever your file path to steam is)\Steam\Steam.exe"

Note: you must use Run with this command everytime you start up steam in order for this to work. I think you can just start it normally and then use task manager to change it, don't think there is much, if any, difference.

Upvote 0