• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Realism Campaigns?

[5.SS] Richter

May 11, 2006
Are there any current or proposed clan-based "realism" campaigns for RO:OST? I have noticed that alot of the established "realism" clans seem to have abandoned RO:OST now that campaigns such as CoD2's ETO are starting up. There had been talk starting some but, as for as I know, this has died. IMHO RO:OST is the perfect game for realistic campaigns along these lines.

[5.SS] Richter said:
Are there any current or proposed clan-based "realism" campaigns for RO:OST? I have noticed that alot of the established "realism" clans seem to have abandoned RO:OST now that campaigns such as CoD2's ETO are starting up. There had been talk starting some but, as for as I know, this has died. IMHO RO:OST is the perfect game for realistic campaigns along these lines.

realism and Cod2 in the same post? That doesnt fit together :D

Upvote 0
[5.SS] Richter said:
I agree Rehakles. It was hard for me to write that line.

I have heard about the Realism league in RO League but I'm not really sure if it is still in the works or has been dropped. There was talk about a campaign in these forums earlier but I think that the idea has died.

Well its just that no one is discussing it, i personally haven't let it die, and will pose as Realism "Ladder" Admin :). If you're interested in it why not join the Discussion ?

Upvote 0
2.SS have made several foundation plans for such a league. The problem we run into is the incredible complication it would require in RO. It doesnt have a set of scenario style play like in CoD that would allow simple one life rounds with limited objectives etc. If someone has a simple method of mutators with links, please post them. If I can get them running on one of our servers with realitive ease, I will then go forward with starting a campaign. And I know the 9th SS would be along side with us.
However, scenarios for maps would make things really complicated. For each map has a million differnt things you could do, along with trying to make it simplified.

Upvote 0
Maybe a solution to the reinforcement problem would be to find a mutator which would limit the amount of reinforcements to 3 or 4 times the number of players per side (ie. 10 players per side equals 40 reinforcements). If you were to only have one life, matches would always be won by the last team standing not by objectives.
It is good to hear that this idea has not gone by the wayside, though.

Upvote 0
[5.SS] Richter said:
Maybe a solution to the reinforcement problem would be to find a mutator which would limit the amount of reinforcements to 3 or 4 times the number of players per side (ie. 10 players per side equals 40 reinforcements). If you were to only have one life, matches would always be won by the last team standing not by objectives.

Well that would be something worth discussing, though if all else fails one could simply change the Map Reeinforcement (on official Maps) and everyone would have to dll them. At least would not require that much coding, and would easily allow to keep the ratio.

Upvote 0
Heldentod said:
eto the flamefest of the allies

whined about everything cuz they got their ass handed by the axis,even after a second and third chance :rolleyes:

LOL, i agree... I had a great time on dog red beach with an 88 just ripping apart the allied team! They always complained about everything mods, maps and that it was to hard for them to attack

Upvote 0
they had suprior rate of fire on every weapon(beside the mgs and the Stg) and still they screwed themselfs :rolleyes:

when i look at the operationmaps of eto right now i see that market garden is inaccurate in teritoric belongings , Saxonia is in the EAST of Germany not the WEST and Dortmund is not part of Belgium :rolleyes:

and i can garantee you it is again biased by the allies like the first eto :rolleyes:

Upvote 0