• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sgt._Geist

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006
Not that this is that important or anything but....

Remember in the Mod version when they put out an OST (Original Soundtrack-for those who dont know-)

Also in the Mod version they had music in the menu and there was a music player so you could play any music you like in game...

Just wanted to know if the player still exists and.. What are you going to do with the RO OST.... make a new one? put music in the game itself? music back on the menu?

I am one who loves music.... and for all the new guys who joined RO recently.. they probably haven't heard it... and unless someone puts it back online they might not...

I have it burned on a CD if the music files dont exist anymore, if the Devs maybe wanted the music files, I could send you the MP3s....

vH69/Sgt._Geist if you need to find me....

[FERGIE] said:
custom music wouldnt be good in game as ro is the only realistic game around and so music would ruin this realism. However music in the menu screen would be good, much like the music in americas army menu screen, just with a russian and german theme, for example marching songs, or anthems etc

Yep thats the sort of music thats in the pack

Upvote 0
my guess for why they left the music out of the game is b/c of royalties...now that RO is no longer a free mod and Tripwire is making money off of it, they would have to pay royalties to Matthew Burns, who created most of the songs used in the RO soundtrack

that's only my guess, b/c I have no idea who matthew burns is, he could be a RO dev for all i know.

Upvote 0