• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Physics Proccesor and Unreal Engine 3.0

REZ
I'm wondering though, if something like that was implemented, how would it look client side if part of a blown off roof lands on you (for example) and kills you without you having a PPU to display that scene on your client. Or maybe I'm getting off of pure ballistics here...
It would look the same, the server did all the calculations for you, your VC just has to render it moving.
Also, maybe a dev could answer this (I think it's been explained before), is the cap on player numbers due to netcode, or CPU power?
Most likely both, not every server has enough bandwidth to update and recieve info from 64 people or enough processing power to do all the bullet physics calculations. Neither do all the players have 5 MB of bandwidth and the uber PC's to interpret and display all the info being recieved from the server.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said earlier on that the devs know far more about what we know about UE 3 and that also includes the AGEIA PHYSX PPU cards. Therefore I don't think it would make sense to try and remind them how its suppose to work. It's like telling a super-qualified professor how to be clever again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0