• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Methinks I made a Boo-Boo... A big one

JordanC

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 29, 2006
Eh... well... ok, the thing is, I tried to reinstall Steam, because I couldn't get the beta file system to work. That was one of the stupidest things I've done yet, and I've done a lot of stupid things. So, I had to re-download RO. The first time things seemed really strange, so I removed Red Orchestra and reinstalled it. Everythings cool. So, I apply the beta file system again, no unpacking message, but it seems load times may have been cut. I remember Yoshi saying something about the "Common" folder in "Steamapps"
No such file, even after the reinstall. So I created it, and put the subfolder "RedOrchestra" in it, hoping the beta change might clue in and pick it up. But, unfortunatley, I didn't clue in somewhere. I fire up Red Orchestra, everything seems cool. So, I go to play Baksan Valley, when I get to the class/team selection screen, it has no briefings, and has no players on either team. When I clicked "Join Axis", it came to the next screen. No choices, (they were not even greyed out, just nothing period) So when I click "Continue", I'm taken to the game. While I was wating to "spawn", I saw no death messages, no messages period. I played around with the settings, changed the rendering system, etc...etc. No luck. Anyone here have any clues?

PS: I guess it's a risk of trying a beta program, I should just learn to lighten up, it would probably save me from this kind of crap.

EDIT: Oh yea, could it be a missing file(s)? If so.... God knows what else didn't come back....

So, I apply the beta file system again, no unpacking message, but it seems load times may have been cut.

be sure to put it in the RIGHT shortcut (the steam shortcut) and make sure steam isnt started when windows starts (because then its not started with the beta filesystem) and make sure you only start red orchestra from steam, because the red orchestra shortcut also dusnt have the beta patch applied.

Upvote 0