• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design New Possible Balance for Orel

kabex said:
Refer to my "soviets or germans" pool on the general forum. There's no such thing as a majority of axis-players.
Yeah really i must be dreaming that i'm playing 8 to 14 Allied/Axis on about 50% of all Maps, craziest i ever had was 12:17, with 3 of the Allied not having choosen a Class. And there is such a thing as a Majority of Axis Players, just that not everyone votes on that poll.

EDIT

Just recognized that someone else is modding that Map, Jesus where did you learn your manners. Its not like you couldn't start leaning Mapping yourself...

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
EDIT

Just recognized that someone else is modding that Map, Jesus where did you learn your manners. Its not like you couldn't start leaning Mapping yourself...

Thats why i only changed the loadouts and nothing else. Problem with that?

I thought about fixing the floating trees, wheatfields, water, adding grass and stuff, but thats not my job, just the loadouts.

And to the other guy above, nobody forces you to put the modded map on your server, hmmkay? Geez...some people

Slashbot has also been credited in the Team description and mentioned as original creator of that fine map, but for some reason it only shows "axis /allies briefing" whenever it's on the server, but you can look it up if you open in editor.

Upvote 0
1.AR[GSC]=[ENIGMA]= said:
Thats why i only changed the loadouts and nothing else. Problem with that?

I thought about fixing the floating trees, wheatfields, water, adding grass and stuff, but thats not my job, just the loadouts.

And to the other guy above, nobody forces you to put the modded map on your server, hmmkay? Geez...some people

Slashbot has also been credited in the Team description and mentioned as original creator of that fine map, but for some reason it only shows "axis /allies briefing" whenever it's on the server, but you can look it up if you open in editor.

so the loadout is your job? without the permission of the author?
i'd probably nail you to the cross if you'd do that to my map.
But congrats, you were successfull with creating something even more disgusting than simple porting maps, map hijacking.

Upvote 0
worluk said:
so the loadout is your job? without the permission of the author?
i'd probably nail you to the cross if you'd do that to my map.
But congrats, you were successfull with creating something even more disgusting than simple porting maps, map hijacking.

You misread...let me make it clear to you:

I thought about changing .. . . . . . .. . but thats not my job, just [changed] the loadouts.

Got that?

Great.

As is said, I'm not taking credit for anything, which i know i don't deserve, so stop labeling me as some criminal hijacker here, kay, thx.

Now get off your high horse and go play or whatever... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You misread...let me make it clear to you:

I thought about changing .. . . . . . .. . but thats not my job, just [changed] the loadouts.

Got that?

Great.

As is said, I'm not taking credit for anything, which i know i don't deserve, so stop labeling me as some criminal hijacker here, kay, thx.

Now get off your high horse and go play or whatever... :rolleyes:
read again, think about it, and respond.
I said you changed the loadouts without permission.
Is that more clear to you?
Changing someones intelectual property without permission is not better because you only modify a part of it.
And for the criminal thingy, afai aware thats not legal in most countries, well plus most people have the dignity not to do it.

And my high horse? Im not the one that needs to modify other peoples map...
You should really think about what you are saying. You are the one obviously knowing it better than the author, maybe you step down a bit.

Upvote 0
... but thats not my job, just [changed] the loadouts.

but you would not try to change odessas loadout, or?

*ironic on

but its "only" a custom-map. so lets change the loadout cause iam not interested in the original idea of the mapper.
this noob put t34/85 in it. and i want tigers.
so lets open the map in editor and change a bit.

btw. perhaps snipers would be great on kaukasus too.

*ironic off

Upvote 0
worluk said:
read again, think about it, and respond.
I said you changed the loadouts without permission.
Is that more clear to you?
Changing someones intelectual property without permission is not better because you only modify a part of it.
And for the criminal thingy, afai aware thats not legal in most countries, well plus most people have the dignity not to do it.

And my high horse? Im not the one that needs to modify other peoples map...
You should really think about what you are saying. You are the one obviously knowing it better than the author, maybe you step down a bit.

Re-read like 100 posts on this board and accuse every single one of the posters of the same then re. "know better than the author".

Thank You

Now, said before, will say it again: You dont have to DL it, you dont have to play it, you dont have to even look at the name in the server browser and the original creator may feel free to sue me for changing Panthers for Tigers and StuG for PzIV and T34/85 for 76.

Now of course i know that YOU would do this instantly, what with the correct personality everyone seems to let hang out right now, for i am the map hijacker even though i said nowhere that i am in any way responsible for that maps existance in the first place. This discussion is over.

Upvote 0
Don't forget about giving Kauk at least 2 tigers..
Eitherway, to get this on a legal base:

For something to get authoring rights, it needs one thing. Originality. Authoring rights come into play at the same time the object is created, in this case the map. To multiply or edit someones work you would need his permission to do so, something you don't have. No matter what little change, even if you toned the lighting brightness down from 128 to 127, you'd be doing something illegal. The only way you are allowed to do this is for personal use, and since your making this public, thats not the case.

Upvote 0
Chill out guyz, he's doing everyone a favour.
Doing something like this without asking the author is not very "gentleman-like", but I'm sure he's doing this with the best intensions.

Getting emotional about somebody elses map is hardly what I call constructive. I would rather see constructive critizism about why his loadout does or doesn't work so the original author can benefit from this.

Monk.

Upvote 0
It's not that he's doing it with best intentions, he probably is. Thing that bothers me is that he's doing it without the original author even knowing about it. Theres enough comments in here that can benefit the original author so thats not the problem. If you'd come back home from a holiday and saw someone altered your map and released it, would you be amused? I surely wouldn't be.

Upvote 0
Meh, there's nothing wrong with changing the freaking load-outs! You can do that through a mutator!

He did everyone a favour. If you don't like it, don't play it. When the author comes back and has time to fix the loadouts issues, then the altered map can be removed from all servers.

I like the alternative version, it's much much better.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
Meh, there's nothing wrong with changing the freaking load-outs! You can do that through a mutator!

He did everyone a favour. If you don't like it, don't play it. When the author comes back and has time to fix the loadouts issues, then the altered map can be removed from all servers.

I like the alternative version, it's much much better.

then please use the mutator.
the map will not be changed with this.

and it has the favour that i dont have to download the map from every server with another version.

Upvote 0