• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'm Discouraged

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
Let me first say I've been nothing but supportive when it comes to RO and I try to help whoever but apparently I'm having trouble getting help myself. I just don't know why I'm not getting any responses so I will appeal to your good nature one last time.
I never had a problem of any kind before mind you the original tweaks did help performance. cache/precache cache size megs etc. Load times were still long but I dealt with it.I tried the beta file system this made it worse. I then completly uninstalled/reinstalled Steam and Ro and went back to original tweaks. Now my load times are worse than ever and I fear I may have missed somthing.My framerate also is not what it used to be. Can I fix this or is this as good as it gets right now. I fear I may need step by step help fellow ROOSTers for I may not be as computer literate as I think :eek: If I missed any information please let me know.

2gig processor
1gig ram
ati 9550 256mg

I would suggest a clean wipe of RO off the sytem. Then using a program like CrapCleaner to remove any registry/prefetch data that might still exist. Updating steam to the new file system, then doing a clean install of RO.

From there I would redo the tweaks to lower loading times such as turning off precaching.

There is no reason gamewise why loading should get longer by switching to the new system unless prefetch data or something got messed up.

Upvote 0