• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Tips for Melee Combat

I try to avoid it like the plague with this hit detection. I only melee when i run out of ammonution. Which only happens with rifles. And I almost never get in that sort of range. I usally only get to melee in Stalingrad KEssel.

Basically I bayo,
And for that you usally have to be prepared to stab before you get in the circmstance of both of you fighting, because then it turns into this dizzy run around in circles thing.

Go for the head that;s the only guarenteed kill.

Also have you noticed some people go prone just so you can't stab them how lame is that? (Proned bayo kills are rare because of hit detection)

Upvote 0
1. Stab them in the back when they're aiming out a window.

2. Bayonet charge when you see someone getting ready to throw a grenade your way. Stick him after he throws the grenade but before he can unlimber another weapon.

3. If someone comes at you with a bayonet, hose him with your SMG or take him down with one well-placed shot with a rifle. If your SMG is out of ammo or your rifle shot misses, run away until one of your teammates takes him down.

Upvote 0
I use the bayonet a LOT, probably as much as Mr. Stabby (if you know him). The key to the bayonet is to keep your distance, that thing has reach. Sometime go stab a wall and see how far back you can get while still hitting it, you will be amazed. Knowing the length of your bayo is very important. When going one on one you will totally suprise the other guy by hitting him from further away than he thought you could. It is also easier to hit a prone person so you won't have to worry about bouncing on him. Also NEVER get right up to the enemy that you want to stab. The gun will actually go through him and you will miss.

So remember kids, keep your distance, know how long your spear is, and keep that blade sharp :)

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
I use the bayonet a LOT, probably as much as Mr. Stabby (if you know him). The key to the bayonet is to keep your distance, that thing has reach. Sometime go stab a wall and see how far back you can get while still hitting it, you will be amazed. Knowing the length of your bayo is very important. When going one on one you will totally suprise the other guy by hitting him from further away than he thought you could. It is also easier to hit a prone person so you won't have to worry about bouncing on him. Also NEVER get right up to the enemy that you want to stab. The gun will actually go through him and you will miss.

So remember kids, keep your distance, know how long your spear is, and keep that blade sharp :)

I'm Mr.Stabby.

Upvote 0
{Cap-Down} said:
Never use a pistol to melee somone, always try to use the bayonet as it has little effect on accuracy and butts always take a while to kill if u miss the head.

haha, on arad i saw a russian tank commander whoes SMG had been shot out of his hands or he accidentally dropped it. Anyway i was a PTRD soldat, i was 25 yards away sprinting full charge with my pistol ready to whip, i came up to him and smacked him in the face and killed him. IDK if he was injured or what, but it was still cool to take him down with my TT33 straight to his face:D

I stab people who are prone from the side, seems to work best.

Upvote 0
I have developed by far the best melee move. I don't really want to tell anyone because I'm afraid everyone will start using it and it is pretty unrealistic, I can't even use it because my squad mates got mad because "It isn't realistic", but it sure is fun. I'll just say it kills people 100% of the time with bayonet and about 90% of the time with buttsmack (that includes the pistol) You can also hit them anywhere ie...lower leg and kill them. Sometimes it doens't work but I think that is because I only grazed my target.

Thats really all I'm going to say, and I am not joking about this either.

Upvote 0
My favorite thing to do is to shoot someone that one of your teammates was about to stab. Let him know that if he can't finish the job quickly, you'll do it for him!

I hate it when people don't even give you a chance. I remember running right at people with bayonet in hand and I'm just out of range of stabbing him when the guy sprays his ppsh and kills both of us. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
{Cap-Down} said:
Never use a pistol to melee somone, always try to use the bayonet as it has little effect on accuracy and butts always take a while to kill if u miss the head.
ive gotten pistol whip kills before, and theyre funny as hell when you get em:p

but seriously,if youre approaching an enemy with a rifle, always apporach him in a zig zag, then circle and stab for the kill. butting is hard, just because you dont get much power behind it by just clicking wildly (same issue with bayo btw) the longer you hold, the more power youll have coming from your stab/butt

Upvote 0
haha, on arad i saw a russian tank commander whoes SMG had been shot out of his hands or he accidentally dropped it. Anyway i was a PTRD soldat, i was 25 yards away sprinting full charge with my pistol ready to whip, i came up to him and smacked him in the face and killed him. IDK if he was injured or what, but it was still cool to take him down with my TT33 straight to his face

I'm sure your team mate was surprised when you came up and killed him with your Tokarev...

Russian tank commander + PTRD soldier + TT33 smack in the face = Teamkill.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
I hate it when people don't even give you a chance. I remember running right at people with bayonet in hand and I'm just out of range of stabbing him when the guy sprays his ppsh and kills both of us.

I agree with you completely - it's like thanks buddy for wasting me I could have done fine by myself! Besides there is nothing like watching a good melee fight and if your buddy bites it your right there to avenge him.
My tip - change it up keep moving and keep it random i.e.- your sprinting rite at some one and the last second you crouch and get in the gut- you probably wont get away with that twice - and when in close quarters with and smg who is firing at you if you have already shot you should and if you have- try diving directly at them its unexpected for one and some times you can get a stab in on the way down not that you kill it is very difficult to do and usually only extends your life by a mere second or two- most of the time your turned into Swiss cheese anyways so got try something

Last edited:
Upvote 0