• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Animals that hate

We're indeed animals. But it does seem like this guy have some logical errors that he needs to work out.

To me the kind of hate this guy is talking about is related to people haveing a conscience. Something that people use as an argument for humans being different from other animals. My point is either humans are better than animals for haveing a conscience or they dont hate. And if either of these statements are true this video dosent make sense. Atleast to me this makes sense to me.

Phew, this was hard to put into words, think I've edited this post 50 times now ^_^...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
fullmj|glattevir said:
We're indeed animals. But it does seem like this guy have some logical errors that he needs to work out.

To me the kind of hate this guy is talking about is related to people haveing a conscience. Something that people use as an argument for humans being different from other animals. My point is either humans are better than animals for haveing a conscience or they dont hate. And if either of these statements are true this video dosent make sense. Atleast to me this makes sense to me.

Phew, this was hard to put into words, think I've edited this post 50 times now ^_^...

Self-hate seems popular of late. Chalk the video up to that, though it was mostly funny.

Upvote 0
Funny, but obviously ripped almost directly from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy intro:

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small and unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles in an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descend life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has, -or rather had- a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasnt the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
Pointless

Thanks for your sharp analysis.
Seriously, don't even try to make a point or argue it could hurt you. Spam ftl.

But dosent saying that humans hate disprove the other thing the clip is saying about humans being animals. Animals don't hate, they do what they do to survive.

That's the point, "humans" are special in many ways ;)
Also remember that hate is not alway hate you got to differ there.

Anyway, what "we" need is more respect for eachother (I don't want people to hug eachother but at least they could try stop killing eachother) and for mother nature. I think we should all agree on that.
Yes I know that I'm playing a WW2 shooter. But isn't that a good example for our politicans? "Look a guy who is against RL violence, but he is also playing a brutal shooter!".

There are many Veterans out there wo fought for real, listen to them and learn from history. War is nothing fancy nor is it a great adventure.

Upvote 0
Kurt Naake said:
Anyway, what "we" need is more respect for eachother (I don't want people to hug eachother but at least they could try stop killing eachother) and for mother nature. I think we should all agree on that.
Yes I know that I'm playing a WW2 shooter. But isn't that a good example for our politicans? "Look a guy who is against RL violence, but he is also playing a brutal shooter!".

There are many Veterans out there wo fought for real, listen to them and learn from history. War is nothing fancy nor is it a great adventure.

Comparing double-sided politics to playing a video game that is fictional and has no effect on the outside world?

"Brilliant!"

Upvote 0
Notice, This thread...
1150326538587.jpg

Upvote 0