• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design New Possible Balance for Orel

HotDang said:
My thoughts are that the PIV F1 sit in the spawn unused, people even prefering to take a stug.

Germans have no arty and russians have endless arty, once all the destroyable bridges are blown the germans are completely screwed as arty just drops repeatedly at the remaining bridge.

Ignoring those small issues tho it's a good map :)

Actually, I see PEOPLE sitting in the spawn, cuz some people hate team tanking with people they don't know
See my above balance post

Upvote 0
Since it's a huge map there might as well be 16 tanks at the first spawn. Solo tankers can do what they wish and TT can do what they want. T34/76 and Panzer IV F2 should be making up the majority of armor load outs. The Panzer IV F1 is pointless when there is no infantry for it to support.

First spawn point

Germans
8 Panzer IV F2
3 Panzer III J/1 with 5 APCR
3 StuG III
2 Tiger

Russians
10 T34/76
4 KV-1s
2 SU-76

Second spawn point

Germans
6 Panzer IV F2
2 StuG III
2 Panzer III J/1 with 5 APCR

Russians
8 T34/76
2 SU-76

Upvote 0
What's the logic behind taking away the Tiger at the 2nd spawn point? I don't understand. There should be at least one...

They can't spawn in both spawn points, so it's either 2 maximum at one time or none at all if the forward spawn point is activated! Unless the Tiger crew is godly and manages to last the whole rest of the round alive. :eek:

Upvote 0
Santini said:
Two tigers is too much pre /85
And if you you can't KO T-60's in an F1, you need some help
The idea is, you have a moderate amount of good tanks, to incourage TT's, and then a pool of crappy ones for the solo's
Except the solo tankers will get the best tanks because they TK the TT's, and the solo tankers drive off alone with Tigers while TTs are left teaming up 3 inside a PZIVF1 because there are no other tanks left.

Stupid, IMO. Every time I jump into the Axis side on Orel, there's team killing going on. I don't even want to imagine what it's going to look like with 16 guys running for a Tiger!

Upvote 0
Santini said:
Two tigers is too much pre /85
Tough **** for the ivans. For once the Germans will have an edge.

Santini said:
The idea is, you have a moderate amount of good tanks, to incourage TT's, and then a pool of crappy ones for the solo's
Problem is the solo tankers won't take the shitty tanks, they'll go after the good tanks. So there's no reason to add the useless PzIV F1.

kabex said:
What's the logic behind taking away the Tiger at the 2nd spawn point? I don't understand. There should be at least one. They can't spawn in both spawn points, so it's either 2 maximum at one time or none at all if the forward spawn point is activated!
The forward spawn point means you're winning. You shouldn't need another Tiger, but 1 couldn't hurt.

kabex said:
Unless the Tiger crew is godly and manages to last the whole rest of the round alive.
None of the soviet tanks can penetrate its front armor. A good crew could survive an entire round if they know what they're doing.

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
Tough **** for the ivans. For once the Germans will have an edge.

Problem is the solo tankers won't take the shitty tanks, they'll go after the good tanks. So there's no reason to add the useless PzIV F1.

The forward spawn point means you're winning. You shouldn't need another Tiger, but 1 couldn't hurt.

None of the soviet tanks can penetrate its front armor. A good crew could survive an entire round if they know what they're doing.

Two tigers is too much, period. Make it one

Anyhow, EVERYONE goes for the goodtanks
So you either have to put up with team tanking, or grab a shitty one. Simple as that

Upvote 0
First, the two Tigers will stay, because until now everything against them is just based on the Myth that the Tiger was this absolutely invincible Beast. It is heavy, thus slow, it has a slow turret turning speed and long reload times, it is vulnerable from the sides and rear, it is tall and thus easily visible from greater distances than other german tanks or the russians tanks for that matter, which so perfectly blend in when in front of houses, shrubs, low trees and whatnot. Combine that with the higher maneuverability & speed of the T34 as well as rounded armor and faster reload speed, the T34, if a halfway experienced crew or even a single tanker uses it will NOT get killed right away. You have the time to get a shot off, position yourself somewhere else for the Tiger to miss on distances over 7-800m, reload and fire another shot before the Tiger has reloaded - repeat. If you get close to the Tiger, you can even run circles around it if it's alone in the field somewhere.

Or are the Russian-side players just mad that, for a change, it's THEM who can not kill a german tank on the battlefield with one shot? Hmmm..?

Both sides will have to coordinate their efforts in order to win, employ the given equipments strenghts to the fullest while exploiting the opponents weaknesses, period. This is called "Tactics".

Think for a change, will ya, instead of just rushing around, relying on the fact that everything is (if not really so) balanced and only the one with the best reflexes wins.

The Satchel loadout thing CAN be changed, no problem there. Might even do that if noone else does.

Upvote 0
1.AR[GSC]=[ENIGMA]= said:
First, the two Tigers will stay, because until now everything against them is just based on the Myth that the Tiger was this absolutely invincible Beast. It is heavy, thus slow, it has a slow turret turning speed and long reload times, it is vulnerable from the sides and rear, it is tall and thus easily visible from greater distances than other german tanks or the russians tanks for that matter, which so perfectly blend in when in front of houses, shrubs, low trees and whatnot. Combine that with the higher maneuverability & speed of the T34 as well as rounded armor and faster reload speed, the T34, if a halfway experienced crew or even a single tanker uses it will NOT get killed right away. You have the time to get a shot off, position yourself somewhere else for the Tiger to miss on distances over 7-800m, reload and fire another shot before the Tiger has reloaded - repeat. If you get close to the Tiger, you can even run circles around it if it's alone in the field somewhere.

Or are the Russian-side players just mad that, for a change, it's THEM who can not kill a german tank on the battlefield with one shot? Hmmm..?

Both sides will have to coordinate their efforts in order to win, employ the given equipments strenghts to the fullest while exploiting the opponents weaknesses, period. This is called "Tactics".

Think for a change, will ya, instead of just rushing around, relying on the fact that everything is (if not really so) balanced and only the one with the best reflexes wins.

The Satchel loadout thing CAN be changed, no problem there. Might even do that if noone else does.

HAAAAHAHAHA
Dude, have you tried to take on a Tiger in a /76?

Go do it
Come back
Apoligies all around
(Apple... ogies)

Upvote 0
Santini said:
HAAAAHAHAHA
Dude, have you tried to take on a Tiger in a /76?

Go do it
Come back
Apoligies all around
(Apple... ogies)

Yeah i have, actually. I've also taken on IS2 AND T34/85 in a PzIV if that matters :rolleyes:

btw. if anyone wonders why there are Panzerfausts on ro-orel-88vs76d on the bridges, those are satchel charges, i just didnt save the package, but once you pick them up, you have two satchels. They have been removed from the players. And some meaningless objective stuff has been played with....just dont try to take an objective all by yourself, alone, one. it'll take about ^^^^^ this many minutes. Just to discourage everyone scooting off by himself to some other objective and so forth

Upvote 0
1.AR[GSC]=[ENIGMA]= said:
Yeah i have, actually. I've also taken on IS2 AND T34/85 in a PzIV if that matters :rolleyes:

btw. if anyone wonders why there are Panzerfausts on ro-orel-88vs76d on the bridges, those are satchel charges, i just didnt save the package, but once you pick them up, you have two satchels. They have been removed from the players. And some meaningless objective stuff has been played with....just dont try to take an objective all by yourself, alone, one. it'll take about ^^^^^ this many minutes. Just to discourage everyone scooting off by himself to some other objective and so forth

excellent, I'll keep an eye out for that variant

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
ha ha, I fell so bad for them! let's have a little pity party, just for them. at least they will know how the axis tankers feel on every other freakin' map with the stupid un-historical, soviet-biased tank allotments.

Well the Reason Axis usually looses on Most Tank Maps is more that all Wittmann Clones and other People that are the Usual I-only-play-Axis-****-Team-Balance Guys think they are cool Elite Players, stack up Germans 18:13 against Russians, while the Veterans balance the Teams. And thus end up hammering the Germans into oblivion.

And with the Changes made you can win Arad easily as German, if you know what your doing, and not fighting from your own Spawn Exits.

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Well the Reason Axis usually looses on Most Tank Maps is more that all Wittmann Clones and other People that are the Usual I-only-play-Axis-****-Team-Balance Guys think they are cool Elite Players, stack up Germans 18:13 against Russians, while the Veterans balance the Teams. And thus end up hammering the Germans into oblivion.

And with the Changes made you can win Arad easily as German, if you know what your doing, and not fighting from your own Spawn Exits.
Refer to my "soviets or germans" pool on the general forum. There's no such thing as a majority of axis-players.

Upvote 0