• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons Choices or Role Choices (merged 7 times!)

Bluewolf said:
I understand the 'cap' of roles but for some I don't understand the logic. Sniper yes, Officer yes, MG, yes....but why should the rest of us be stuck using the rifle?

Because having everyone use SMG's is unrealistic too. This game tries to portray WW2 realistically, not Quake deathmatch.

The average infantryman didnt get to choose his weapon either. If you wanted something different, your best bet was to scavenge one off a corpse... you can do that in this game too.

Upvote 0
lATENT_c said:
Yes, you can, as long as you sprint directly for the corpse as soon as you see it hit the ground. Weapons in this game have a tendency to melt away after about 4 seconds - especially the rarer ones.

Weapons melt away at exactly the same rate, and it takes a while. They have to do that or you'd have hundreds of rifles laying around by the end of the round. :p

Upvote 0
It takes a good while for weapons to shrink away, if I get my hands on a sniper rifle and get killed, most of the time I can run back and pick it up when I spawn.

It's good like it is, honestly. If they didn't disappear that fast you'd have 5 - 6 MG'ers and just as many snipers on certains maps. Which would be uncool.

Upvote 0
Why not keep what's there already, but add in a que? Just select your current class, and select the class you would prefer next. If someone hogs the sniper for the entire game then it won't do much, of course, but it should still open up the roles in general; if everyone puts themselves on the sniper que, just put yourself on the empty mg que, etc.

Upvote 0
gleb said:
Why not keep what's there already, but add in a que? Just select your current class, and select the class you would prefer next. If someone hogs the sniper for the entire game then it won't do much, of course, but it should still open up the roles in general; if everyone puts themselves on the sniper que, just put yourself on the empty mg que, etc.

Thats actually the best idea I've heard of regarding this class issue. Good thinking, and welcome to the forums. :)

Upvote 0
<----was dodging MP40 for the bayo kill on Bonderavo today

It's great fun, try it some time :)

The loadouts are fine. If youw ant to use a weapon, ask if someone will switch the weapon with you, or just follow them and wait till they die. If they're not a total asshat they'll either drop the weapon for you now and then, or give up the class after a little while.

The key is just ask, politely. :)

Upvote 0
Weapons Choices or Role Choices (merged 3 times!)

Weapons Choices or Role Choices (merged 3 times!)

Ok, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of using the rifle EVERY time I get in a game. I ask nicely for a better gun, but no one will trade. I do when other people ask, but I still hesitate because I might not get to use it for several hours if not days. It's a bit rediculous. So in hopes of making this game a bit more fun for everyone, not just the one's who happen to load the map first, we should either put a time limit on how long someone can hog a weapon, or unlock the guns.

Upvote 0