• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Allow spawn choice?

Lonyo

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
lonyo.co.uk
On some maps (Kaukasus specifically) it would be nice to be able to choose where you spawn (i.e. if you just capped BR you can choose to still spawn at the original spawn to attack mortar position, or if you have BR and mortar you can choose which to spawn at).
It would create possibly more variety as attackers could vary their attacks without spending a long time running from one spawn back to the original spawn and only then being able to attack.

LazerMane said:
Half of the point in taking an area in RO is to move your spawnpoints forward. Typically there's not really a need for choosing where you spawn.

Just because you can in BF2 doesn't mean you should in RO.
On Kaukasus it would give a choice of where forward was. You can either persue a forward route through BR -> Tower Ruin, or switch to Mortar -> Tower Ruin.
Still going forward, just via a different route... So (IMO and in others opinion) there can be a use for it, even though typically there is not a need.
I am not saying it would be useful for all maps, just specific instances.
There are some maps where there are not even moving spawn points at all. It just gives an extra option for mappers when they make maps, and for players when they play those maps.

Don't try and bring in BF2 to try and knock an idea when it has no relevance. And I don't even play BF2.

Upvote 0
LazerMane said:
Half of the point in taking an area in RO is to move your spawnpoints forward. Typically there's not really a need for choosing where you spawn.

Just because you can in BF2 doesn't mean you should in RO.

This was an original feature on Onslaught maps for UT2004. Adding it wouldn't be stretching far from the engine's capabilities. Also it is a very useful tactical option to be able to spawn at particular areas when possible.

Upvote 0
Personally I wouldn't let a single commander choose for the whole team, as good of a suggestion as it is, you can allways get either an idiot commander who knows squat about what hes doing or you get a mean commander who chooses badly cause he wants to cause problems in the server.

Now to my more positive comment, I allways thought it would be interesting to spawn directly into transport vehicles at certain spawn points, where the ammount of necessary Halftracks spawn and then the troops spawn into them, ready to get moving to the battle.

And it would be nice to at least have a few choises in spawn points.

Upvote 0