• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rolling when prone.

:( plz no plz. i like the peeking in prone. the rolling was annoying in Joint Ops. Imagine your walking near a low wall then suddenly a STG guy rolls out and wastes you. you keep looking down to keep that from happening again. Sniper in a high place shots you. scared you camp.
Simple minded for over 14 years :D
Signed with love and care
Kavelin

Upvote 0
The RO tactics guide says something to the like of "when looking around corners be sure to be in a position of low visual capacity". A guy leaning out can shoot you with a STG from a prone position, just as good if not safer than a guy rolling out. Your fear based agrument that rolling shoudn't be added is flawed. Exept for sissy wissys:confused: :p

Upvote 0
I think the rolling when proned technique is more of a modernisation combat tactic kinda like what SWATs would do nowadays than what they did back in World War 2 in the 1930's and 40's. I'm sure back then they would be happy just to stay proned flat on the stomach while firing their weapons at the sametime.

Upvote 0
I think some of you guys have been watching too many movies. Rolling has very limited practicality. It's only worth it for a quick 1-2 roll evasion and certainly not for rolling across the battlefield (I'm sure this would happen if rolling were added).

Ever play paintball? If so, how many guys have you seen roll? Rolling throws you off target, is slow, and makes you dizzy.

What next? Cartwheels and summersaults, Matrix-style?

Upvote 0
skypirate said:
I think some of you guys have been watching too many movies. Rolling has very limited practicality. It's only worth it for a quick 1-2 roll evasion and certainly not for rolling across the battlefield (I'm sure this would happen if rolling were added).

Ever play paintball? If so, how many guys have you seen roll? Rolling throws you off target, is slow, and makes you dizzy.

What next? Cartwheels and summersaults, Matrix-style?

Hell NNNOOOO!!!!!! that would be taken it too far from what it is now :eek:

Upvote 0
allright, now let me tell you guys something :)
the dutch army, wich i was a part of long enough to learn a few tactics, use the following technique when having to go over open ground.
they get up, run 3 sec, cuz thats the average of a good rifleman to aim and take a shot, then go prone, roll over a few times in a random direction, aim, fire, get up, and zigzag for 3 seconds again, fall down, roll over randomly, take aim, shoot, get up again, etc etc untill the enemy lies dead at their feet.

now imagine arad, with all the grass..or basovka, if you will.
you take aim at those pesky germans coming in, but they drop down, you shoot the place where they went prone, but dont get a kill cuz they rolled somewhere else quickly.. and no, you cant get away quickly enough just shoving to the sides while prone, at least not IMO, you'll get shot for sure.

i think this would be a great feature, IMO it cant hurt to have the damn feature in the game. if you think its useless then you dont use it, simple as that.

Upvote 0
I must repeat what I have said before:
Have anyone of you been rolling with helmet, shovel, ammopouches, grenades and backback on rockyground/mud/concrete?
I dont recall if the soldiers have this equipment on them in RO, but if they do, rolling would be pretty clumsy affair.
This would also account for the MG and Panserfaust classes as well.
On soft ground without too much equipment, rolling would be a great idea.

I beleive that in modern warfare soldiers have harness on their knees, shin and elbows, and smarter ammopouches.
It seems that rolling could be easier for them that in WW2

Upvote 0
SiC-Disaster said:
the dutch army, wich i was a part of long enough to learn a few tactics, use the following technique when having to go over open ground.
they get up, run 3 sec, cuz thats the average of a good rifleman to aim and take a shot, then go prone, roll over a few times in a random direction, aim, fire, get up, and zigzag for 3 seconds again, fall down, roll over randomly, take aim, shoot, get up again, etc etc untill the enemy lies dead at their feet.

you take aim at those pesky germans coming in, but they drop down, you shoot the place where they went prone, but dont get a kill cuz they rolled somewhere else quickly.. and no, you cant get away quickly enough just shoving to the sides while prone, at least not IMO, you'll get shot for sure.

i think this would be a great feature, IMO it cant hurt to have the damn feature in the game. if you think its useless then you dont use it, simple as that.
wow that is the worst techinqe I have ever heard of. I would just mow them down with an mg or shoot them lol. To advance over open ground you have to gain fire surppremasy. To do that basicly just shot accurate fast shots intill the enemy puts their heads down pin them have a team flank them kill them and then adavance. U.S.M.C tactics

Upvote 0
SiC-Disaster said:

haha if i saw the dutch army advancing towards me i would laugh my self to death, or is that part of the combat plan?

Upvote 0