• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

unbalanced map

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
How about a map where one side or the other has such a clear advantage that they are forced to have less players. like say the germans were defending some bunker of some sort with 10 men while the russians are trying to take it with 20. Not sure how or if its possible to force teams to be unbalanced like that. but it would be a nice change of pace. Would add some realism to the game since many times bunkers and other well defended areas were often outnumbered horribly during fights and were still able to win because of the defensive position they had. Even if the numbers were crazy unbalanced like 25-5 as long as the map was set up in a way that the 5 still had a fair chance to win.

IMHO, Koenigplatz plays out like this, but not in terms of players allowed on the battlefield at one time. Instead, it's the reinforcement queue that's limited. The Germans have less overall players because their reinforcement queue is a lot smaller.

Since there isn't any mechanic that even forces EVEN teams, I doubt there'll be one to force UNEVEN teams. :)

Upvote 0
This would, IMO, be a horrible for the advantaged numbers side.
For such a map to be viable, the side with the disadvatnage would have to be a lot better supplied/have better positions than the other team.
This means the outnumbering team would mostly HAVE to be open for slaughter, which would, for them, in my opinion, make it a horrible map.

Why play a map just so you can get slaughtered? Not fun, even if it's more realistic than some current scenarios. For the lower numbers to have a fair chance would mean they would have to be able to kill relentless numbers of enemy without too much threat to themselves.

Currently with balanced teams you kill and get killed fairly more evenly and you have as much chance to kill enemy as they do to kill you I think.

Upvote 0