• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Improving walking animations on both FPS and camera views.

fOgGy

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006
I do think the animations on walking could do with improvements, I mean it's just that for example your always holding the weapon pointing straight and doesn't seem that natural. There should at least be some sway movements on the arms and weapon while your walking.

Another thing I like to see improved on the walking animations from what I heard about discussed in the Steam forums. The models could have their backs slightly crouched down abit like a hunchback. They always walk while the back is totally straight up and that doesn't seem right. In the middle of a battlefield a real soldier would never walk into the line of fire like that.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the DOD:S character animations are much better. They move in a realistic "combat" stance by leaning forward a bit, and keeping a low profile.

In RO, they stand right up and walk like robots into battle. It doesn't look right.

Also, the default moving speed in DOD:S is running, while in RO, it's walking. I'm pretty sure we could have better looking walking animation though.

Upvote 0
Oi!Oi!Oi! said:
Also, the default moving speed in DOD:S is running, while in RO, it's walking. I'm pretty sure we could have better looking walking animation though.

The default speed for RO is a jog, actually. Otherwise it'd be much slower than the sprint you get when you hit shift! (I timed it once- they cover 100m in 19 seconds. The world record- for trained athletes with nothing loading them down- is 10 seconds).

Upvote 0
Anyway, trained athletes all have a limit to there running speed, the only thing they can continue to improve is there endurance. I'm not a researcher on Russian training, but if they didn't run and fight hard/fast enough, they'd be shot, either by there comrades or the enemy. And im sure they have some hard ass training before they started giving everyone whos anyone a rifle.

Upvote 0