• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Tankers [TT] got me thinking..

Once you guys figure out a system (whether it's [TP] or something else), I'll start using it.

I'm really looking for some good teamplay on public servers and am getting worn out by the "let's do whatever we want and not coordinate" gameplay.

EDIT - I'd also like to add that use of VOIP for this tag should be required (or at least some kind of indication that you're willing to use VOIP). IMHO, if you aren't willing or able to use VOIP, then you shouldn't bother saying you're wanting to teamplay. Text chat is just too damn cumbersome.

Upvote 0
always can resurrect the [OwP] tag if you want. Anyone who played DoD in the past will know what I'm talking about.

The organisation of the online warfare pact may be dead, but it's ethos and spirit lives on in the way a lot of us play. You even find some wearing it still.

So if you want to encourage teamplay, fairplay and generally a good attitude in game being helpful to others and above all else your team then the [OwP] tag may not be a bad idea.

Upvote 0
Resurrecting the OwP sounds like a great idea. Like that you'll know if you can jump into someones tank and have a good time or team up with someone else knowing he'll provide cover when you need it.

TP reminds me to much of "TOWNPORTAL PLZZZZ" from my diablo 2 time... :p And OwP has a nice history. TT worked well so far, but imho there are still to few people. On the other hand, when seeing someone wearing a TT-Tag, I'll know he is not an idiot even as infantry.

I'm all out for [OwP] = I am an player capable of intelligent communication
;)

Upvote 0
Sam Bennett said:
Does the "local" channel work in tanks? I have noticed that tank communications can take a lot of "space" in team-channel. Once I listened for over an hour to tankers talking: "forward, forward, STOP, turn right right right, Behind! Soviet tank!". Sounded neat, but got weary after a while;) Dont get me wrong, it is cood to hear people working together. And I even met a great tank-leaders who even direct and advice infantry.

I've found if VoIP works on the server, I usually have no problem using Local Channel. That's what I've try to use when tanking, local channel.

In 3.3 I even had it scripts set up so 1 key would talk to local, and one talk to team. I can't seem to get it to work in Ostfront, but I haven't tried with the new patch.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
before you settle on it, just wanted to point out that "TP" is slang for toilet paper here in the States. :cool:

Hell, dont want to be a toilet paper.. I'll settle with the OwP aswell.. And on a second thought, traditions are good and we could benefit from resurrectin some of them:)

Ps) I just came from a session at an unnamed server, had the worst teamplay i've ever seen.. In hedgehog I sat in central for minutes capping it alone (i think..). And no-one came to my aid even after courteous recuest. Fortunately germans did not teamplay also. Was not hard to kill those stragglers from well defended point.. Luckily I had a glass of whiskey in front of me to lift my spirits;)

Pss) What are your experiences about using real life tactics (solo and team) in RO (off-topic i know)? For example: Changing positions after discharge, using ladderlike movement and overwatch with yor team, etc, etc.. Does it help? Or should these tried to mimic at all in a game. Please, share your thought..

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
hey... psssst... it's "p.p.s." (post post scriptum) ;)

I like the TP tag more... Cornholio! Need TP for my Bunghole!

OwP Just looks too much like an ordinary clan-tag ;)
I apologize for my shortcomings in the verbal art. I am just a simple soul trying to get by in this harsh world. I will try to life up to your expectations in future:) (no offence or sarcasm intended, just trying to be a bit funny).

But more to the point, I dont think it looks too much like clan-insignia. Clan-tags come before your alias. Where these, shall we say, "identifications" come after your name;)

Ps, and P.p.s: Thanks for the advice, truly. I get confused sometimes.. And I really mean this:)

Upvote 0
The lack of infantry coordination is mostly a communication issue.

I don't have time to type to my teamates or use the pre-written messages. And when others use these message, I don't notice them or have enough time to read.

Mics are the best solution in my opinion. As soon as someone uses a mic, even if he's not the greatest strategist out there, people listen and follow.

Upvote 0
OwP was the Online Warfare Pact

An organisation that players voluntarily signed up to confirming they'd play to a code of conduct and then wore the tag to signify it, over 8000 members by the time it closed.

The ethos of the code of conduct was to encourage teamplay, to play fair and if you had issues with someone in server etc. you'd handle yourself as maturely as possible and simply report them to an admin if you couldn't do anything about it then and there.

The aim was simply to make servers more fun and team orientated, and to help keep things calm and friendly.

Upvote 0