• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Currently, I find the iron sights extremely difficult to use because I cannot easily distinguish between the rear sight blade, the front sight post, and my target. Widening the rear sight aperture and coloring the front sight post so that it stands out obviously from the target and the rest of the metalwork would fix this problem quite well.

Charging Handles Forward said:
Currently, I find the iron sights extremely difficult to use because I cannot easily distinguish between the rear sight blade, the front sight post, and my target. Widening the rear sight aperture and coloring the front sight post so that it stands out obviously from the target and the rest of the metalwork would fix this problem quite well.

Up the resolution, for me ISs are perfect.

Upvote 0
Charging Handles Forward said:

I sometimes have this problem with the SVT40 in the warehouse on stalingradd or any other dark places but thats the only time.

Upvote 0
The_Cook said:
Eh.... that's how the sights were in WWII bare metal
Got to work with what is issued to ya
Be happy they shoot straight

I've fired real WW II rifles and the human eye can easily distinguish the sites from background noise. When using a computer we don't have the same resolution in game we have in real life. So devs must make decisions on how to provide a realistic feel. Having the rear site, front blade, and target and merge into a single blob distracts from the realistic feel.

Upvote 0
Theodrake said:
I've fired real WW II rifles and the human eye can easily distinguish the sites from background noise. When using a computer we don't have the same resolution in game we have in real life. So devs must make decisions on how to provide a realistic feel. Having the rear site, front blade, and target and merge into a single blob distracts from the realistic feel.

Exactly! I own two M44 and two M91/30 Mosin rifles, and the rear sight blade on every one of them appears wide enough to fit two or three extra sight posts in while being narrow enough to allow me to align the post and the top edge of the blade with the target with great ease. The game needs to model this effect or it will continue to make iron sight aim artificially and unrealistically difficult.

Upvote 0