• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Tankers [TT] got me thinking..

..that if there just could be some tag indicating tem-player infantry. I am not a great visionary, and dont know how this would work out. But think about it.. Would it be nice to see some people confident with their infantry skills, and that you could be confident that they wont shoot you in the leg.. People that would be willing to give time to the team to stack up. And only after that would move up and kick some serious communist/fascist ass.. People that would hold unit cohesion and support each other.

I for one am gladly in for this! I am tired of lying alone in the rubble and dying after my first missed shot, because after it five or four russians start fitting me for a coffin. What do you think? Could this idea get any wind under it wings?

Ps) I have seen some fleeting moments of great infantry co-operation. If nothing, it is more fun to die together.

Pss) I dont want to join a clan just to experience teamwork ;)

The End said:
I think 'Team Infantry' is implied when playing the game in the first place. Someone just needs to take charge.

Sometimes "taking charge" works. But to be frank, it takes FOREVER for players to start paying attention to what people are asking for over VOIP. (I won't even bother typing stuff in text anymore).

One thing I noticed about the game: The players who tend to use VOIP alot are usually more than willing to cooperate/communicate. But it seems like a VERY small percentage of people actually use VOIP.

Upvote 0
One way of supporting teamplay..

One way of supporting teamplay..

I have always thought that it would be nice to have the possibility to create channels in the VOIP where you could add people whom you could speak, and not spamming everyone else in your team (yes I am avare of teamspeak and others, but they aren't always avaivable).

Of course the game has the "local" channel that broadcast everyone near you. So some kind of tagging system might just help to draw tohose team orientated soldiers to your immidiate vicinity and you could use this channel..

And there is also the voice commands, but VOIP is much faster and can be done with single button..

What comes to the automatically implaid team infantry when starting to play the game. I know it is a beautiful image, and believe you me. I hope more than anyone it would exist that easily. But there are still many people who like to stay in the side and snipe individual kills (this is discussed a lot, i dont go there any more deeply). And even if there is people who would be willing to co-operate they might be a long way from you and not able to identify you as a teamworker. If someone takes charge more people might be drawn to work together, but this happens rarely.

I am not saying that tagging would miraculoysly fix this. But it would help you to identify potential teammates just my peeking at the playerlist..

Thanks, and sorry!

Upvote 0
Btw

Btw

Does the "local" channel work in tanks? I have noticed that tank communications can take a lot of "space" in team-channel. Once I listened for over an hour to tankers talking: "forward, forward, STOP, turn right right right, Behind! Soviet tank!". Sounded neat, but got weary after a while;) Dont get me wrong, it is cood to hear people working together. And I even met a great tank-leaders who even direct and advice infantry.

Upvote 0
Sam Bennett said:
Does the "local" channel work in tanks? I have noticed that tank communications can take a lot of "space" in team-channel. Once I listened for over an hour to tankers talking: "forward, forward, STOP, turn right right right, Behind! Soviet tank!". Sounded neat, but got weary after a while;) Dont get me wrong, it is cood to hear people working together. And I even met a great tank-leaders who even direct and advice infantry.

On some severs but on others it doesnt seem to work for some reason:( its annoying i'd rather not annoy others with tank commands but it cant be helped atm.

Upvote 0
This Saturday, for the first time ever, I had fun on Aard as infantry, BECAUSE of the co-operation of the other guys. Actually advanced on the North Village providing "overwatch" for each other. And we did a pretty good job of holding the place against tanks and troops.

I don't think that just playing RO means that you will work at part of the team, which is why the idea of [TT] started.

I'm a "Team-Tanker", but will happily change to "Team-Player".

Upvote 0
Well ftf!

Well ftf!

Ill put that [Tp] tag behind my name. For all the [TT]-party members: Dont get me wrong. I'm not trying to steal your idea. Just want to identify myself as a teamplayer that dont use tanks. I could use the [TT]-tag, but that would give the impression that I knew anything about tanks. I can't play them and am not overly keen on learning either. So please, dont hate me for this;P
I hope that other infantrymen who want to watch by back could use implement this also. Maybe we can even get some [TT]-player to shield our andvance with his tanks. While we are running just behind;) And would't it be nice to help them every once in a while in confined terrain by hunting for AT-infantry..

Well I am daydreaming now, but every little bit helps. Get communal people, help each other!

Ps) Keep bombing this thread with ideas howto improve teamplaying.. Could be intresting..

Upvote 0