• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Clown car is "gamier" than ever now...

Heinz

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2005
New York, USA
jeebus, who was the genius that decided to make the clown car more stable at high speeds? now, it can drive around like a rabbit on crack, through the newly undulating demi-hills of Arad's South Field, and pop out it's clown car cargo in a flash right next you your tank. :(

it's just silly. really detracts from a beautifully re-worked map. it's a shame, frankly. think I'll be a russian tanker on that map from now on. just can't stand that gamey crap.

breadtruck said:
A single tear runs down my face for you.

Well it's a real problem, sometimes I feel like playing BF2 with the C4ONT3HCAR kiddies :(

I don't mind getting blown up by a satchel (I usually play on the russian side anyway), what I do mind is the arcade racing and laughing ("haha look at my im driving fast and there's another soldier riding on my clown car WEEEEEEEEEEEE ahahahah!!!111" *-.- ).

Upvote 0
Is it me or did they reduce the max speed on them in the patch?

Anyway since everyones so keen on realism here, how can you legitimately have a delay on getting out thats actually gonna have an impact? How long does it take to get out of a car, especially when you're in a life or death situation? Just be on the look out for em and shoot them as they approach, or do away with em entirely and have a slower moving vehicle

Upvote 0
akd said:
The BA-64 ruins just about every map it is on. Total immersion killer. I don't know how they came up with the idea that it could perform this way offroad. I have to assume they intended it to be used to its full gamey potential to draw in from "other markets."

I seriously doubt that, lol.

"Like, guys, I wasn't going to play this game until I saw how fast the Russian 2 man ARMORED CAR WENT, HECK F%@#%ING YES! THIS THING IS LIKE ZOOM, AND I'M LIKE COUNTER-STRIKE ROXXXX"

Upvote 0
Colt .45 killer said:
what pisses me off is that ive had about 3 shells so far BOUNCE off the armour of the clown car .. i mean wadafik .. that should never happen no matter what the angle...

Actually there is no Code which could make the Shell bounce off the BA-64, why it still happens is a thing a lot of people are wondering about. Its in no way intended.

Upvote 0
It hasnt changed that much.

It has changed a lot actually. You actually have to try just to tip it over. Before you could be driving straight and it flips. I noticed that there are now 3 clown cars on Arad, just exactly what we needed lol. It doesn't matter how week they are, they still spawn back in and now there are three you have to watch out for. And people think that we could add motorcycles with mgs in this game realistically....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I used one the other night to "circle" the bunker on Barashka, spent a good couple of minutes just driving around the bunker, meanwhile my team snuck in and killed the camped axis who didn't know what to make of the BA circling them. The added stability did make it easier just to circle the bunker though.

As for chasing tanks with them, I do it once in a while but I don't consider it "gamey", heck half the time I lose the car and myself since I park too close to the tank, throw the satchel and don't have time to get away from the blast driving.

I don't participate in the clown antics mind you, nobody riding on top of it.

Upvote 0
i do clown tactics, i dont like em but it sucks being satchel guy any other way, run for tens minutes, crawl for 15mins to make sure the tank doesnt see you, it then drives off so u have to sprint after it, u get well tired and then shot by another tank, then you repeat again and again

Upvote 0