• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

So, has anyone got the Alexander Add-On for RTW yet?

I' not too keen on buying it since it's online only (not that a big dreal, I'm quite happy with STEAM for instance), but with a mayor drawback that you can only DL it once, then you have to back it up yourself.
You have to pay an etxtra fee to have it stored on their server for some six months I guess.

After that, if you want to DL it again, you pay again.

This really, really sucks and offers no advantage over getting a retail version for a store (where you'd have to create your own backups of the disc, too), however, it is not available anyhwere here, it seems.

Upvote 0
Darkstar One:

zwischenablage012nd.jpg

zwischenablage022hr.jpg

zwischenablage042rn.jpg

zwischenablage070oa.jpg

zwischenablage099zf.jpg

zwischenablage100ge.jpg

zwischenablage112ba.jpg

zwischenablage121bj.jpg

zwischenablage137lz.jpg

zwischenablage147wa.jpg

Demo, max details, 16xAF, 4xFSAA, AAA.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's really fun and even better than Freelancer.
You can (well, actually you have to, if you want to make use of your crosshair and instruments ;)) play in first-person mode and switch to 3rd-person whenever you like (eg to take SS ;)).

Freelancer was ok but got repetetive rather quickly IMO.
Also, I didn't bother to play on after finisheing the main quest.

Now, I have only played the demo of Darkstar One so far so I cannot give a definite comparison.

Anyway, there only seems to be a German demo out, else I'd posted the link.
If you are still interested, I will go ahead and publish it, though.

Upvote 0
Helmi said:
Oh, well.
Freespace was the first Space Privateer game of any sorts that I played (I did play a lot of Space Sims before as the FreeSpace series as well as Wing Commander and others though).

Anyway, since I still have some Freespace shots on my disk I shall posts them in comparison later on.
You mean Freelancer, I suppose, as freespace was a quite linear, yet fun "Space opera", like Wing Commander 1-5...

If you're into such elite clones, I can recommend X3. It is beautiful, and you can even buy and fly the really big ships, and create your own company with bases and factories, an own fleet etc...

It is more on the economic side of gameplay than the action though.

Some screens form gamershell, as I don't have any good ones ATM:
191045_full.jpg

191037_full.jpg

191035_full.jpg

Upvote 0
2ltben said:
What's the point about having a great ship if you can't brag about it on corpchat?:D

Anyone who is interested in X3 or Darkstar One should at least try the EVE 2 week trial. EVE is basically all of that with 24,000 players.
Well, I tried EVE, but it is way too expensive for my tastes, and the gameplay is too heavy on the side of "waiting till I arrive here or there" ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not to mention the tedious "click on enemy then click on weapon icon, and click in space to fly around" type of battles. I also don't like the way of piloting the craft. I want a crude and dirty looking ship (think millenium falcon), with a real cockpit and a real crew, not this "floating naked in a pod filled with liquid and controlling the ship with your mind" crap. Being able to leave the ship is also a must, or the ship will eventually feel like a prison.

I'd love a new Elite type of game, where you're not fused to the cockpit but will actually sit inside it, and be able to move around the ship and interact with the crew etc.

Upvote 0
Darkseed said:
I want a crude and dirty looking ship (think millenium falcon), with a real cockpit and a real crew, not this "floating naked in a pod filled with liquid and controlling the ship with your mind" crap. Being able to leave the ship is also a must, or the ship will eventually feel like a prison.
If you want to fly in a pre-destroyed piece of sh**, fly Air Minmatar.

Also, they had a game like that. Earth and Beyond. It failed miserably. It'd be nice to see a space trader/combat game where you're in a firstperson perspective of the Captain, and never actually see the ship from the outside unless you're in EVA, another ship, or through a camera.

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
You mean Freelancer, I suppose, as freespace was a quite linear, yet fun "Space opera", like Wing Commander 1-5...
Yes, my bad, I accidentially mixed them up (I played both, btw).

If you're into such elite clones, I can recommend X3. It is beautiful, and you can even buy and fly the really big ships, and create your own company with bases and factories, an own fleet etc...
Yeah, I've heared of that (and X2), and also tried the rolling "demos".
Certainly looks nice but it has one mayor drawback - StarForce.

Since this is a ko criterium for me, there's no way gonna buy/play it.

Upvote 0