• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Snowy Forrest

only problem i had with this map ( don tknow wich version, their are multiple ) was as a russian, the germans capped an objective, wich made a lot of teammates and me suddenly standing in the axis new spawn area, and get blown up as a result :rolleyes: a waste of reinforcements, really :p
allthough it does make you retreat to the other objective quickly :D still, it needs fixing.
otherwise, great map, love the atmosphere, love the mist, love the trees, love the way it plays

Upvote 0
It's good overall, but needs work. The middle spawn is the worst because it can be directly targeted with artillery, so when the Germans spawn they instantly blow up due to arty spam.

The attackers do get artillery, just not at the first position, I don't think. Once you capture either the front line or the central forest, there's a truck with a radio in the back that you can use to call arty.

Personally, I think the map's ok, but it definitely needs work. If they can design the spawns better, it should fix a lot of the problems.

Upvote 0
I have to say that I like the map as well it would be nice if the dev. could show up and say something because he did a good job ;)

Yeah the spawns need work, as well as the dugout positions in the trenches area. And why is their a sapper on the russian side???

But I love the fact that it's a very head-on map. Plus it's nice to actually see most of your team in prone position and crawling their way forward instead of running blinding into combat and gettin' taken out.

People need to play more Flak_Hill88 and mga those 2 are really fun!

Upvote 0
fire4effect said:
I have to say that I like the map as well it would be nice if the dev. could show up and say something because he did a good job ;)

Yeah the spawns need work, as well as the dugout positions in the trenches area. And why is their a sapper on the russian side???

But I love the fact that it's a very head-on map. Plus it's nice to actually see most of your team in prone position and crawling their way forward instead of running blinding into combat and gettin' taken out.

People need to play more Flak_Hill88 and mga those 2 are really fun!
The russian sapper is probably there for the teamswap mutator where the sides switch. BTW the 24/7 server really needs teamswap.

Excellent map, I love it. Needs foxholes though.

Upvote 0
Excellent map IMO...probably one of the best, if not the best, custom map (Train Escape will always have a place in my heart :p)

It seems a lot like a reskinned and redone version of Basovka Station (which isn't bad, its a great map) in just the playstyle. You have three linear non-recappable objectives, with Germans attacking and Ruskies defending, similiar story with artillery, and the layout is in some ways similiar (First you have the Germans running through a turkey shoot to get into a cap zone, then a middle objective with lots of close in combat and people from both teams coming it all sides, hard to keep your bearings, and the objective is usually a throw away imo, never holds for more than 5 mins). Then the last one, where the Russians regroup, and have some nice defensive positions, but its hard to dislodge the germans if they do get in, so not as easy to hold as the first cap zone (if properly defended.)

It depends to much on the first objective, generally Russians either DESTROY the germans on the first cap zone (one game we had 51% reinforcements when the last german died, and over 10 minutes left.) The germans weren't bad..its just the layout of the first cap zone makes it so they have to run into lots of rifle fire. They do not get a chance to really return fire cause of the layout, and the Russians blending in makes it harder.

However, if they get past the first objective in a reasonable time, the second cap zone is a joke...and the only time I have seen the Germans fail on the third cap zone is when their commanders order the artillery not far enough ahead, and end up killing only germans and not Russians.

Other problems---
You cannot shoot through the fence. This should either be made into a wall (which can still be blasted.) or allow people to shoot through.
The German spawn zones need to be worked on
I see the middle cap zone as a place of lots of frantic melee, bayonetting, and mowing down people with SMGs (where you can never be sure if your lfanks are covered.) To accomplish this, I think the middle cap zone should be recappable, and further on (say near the trench) there shuold be a mortar or a flak cannon which the Germans can satchel that makes it non-recappable. I think this would go a long way to balancing too.
Like I said, the first objective needs to not have the "Turkey shoot" syndrome, which doesn't happen every game but seems to happen a lot.

However, I do like the general feel, its very nice. It makes you really feel like your defending against hordes of incoming Germans as a Russian. It makes you feel like you need to advance but to advance is to die as a German. In short, it feels like a war.

Upvote 0
SnowyMap is SooperDooper!
cabbagepatch7dt.gif

Upvote 0
M.C.Darkness said:
Snowy Forrest is a pretty damn good map but as said before its too linear. A few new pathways would be appreciated.

I dont understand, that map is SO wide that tactical movement like flanking is indeed superdooper.

Great cover to dive in/behind, marvelous undulating landscape lends its self well to infantry combat.

Could do with a coupla less grenades but overall outstanding!

Upvote 0