• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the stug machine gun

Yes please... yet another instance where the germans got nerfed in favor of the soviets...

I believe some stugs also had a coaxial mg, not sure though. they definitely had the one on top, besides, the stug currently modelled was very rare, the later version was much more common(ausf g with skirts 7700 built, ausf f ingame, 359 built)

The G also had a better gun:
F: 75mm Stu.K.40 L / 43 (penetration: PzGr.39 (6.8kg) @ 740m/s 100m = 99mm )
G: 75mm Stu.K.42 L / 48 (penetration: PzGr.39 (6.8kg) @ 790m/s 100m = 106mm )

Both tanks were deployed on the same day, so there's absolutely NO reason to have the old model.

The info posted here was gathered from
http://www.tarrif.net/cgi/production/all_vehicles_adv.php?op=getvehicles&vehiclesX=96
http://www.tarrif.net/cgi/production/all_vehicles_adv.php?op=getvehicles&vehiclesX=97
so if those are wrong then i'm sorry, i didn't bother to check other sources.
The site says it did have a coaxial MG, at least the G variant:
Secondary Weapons :1x 7.92mm MG 34 (Coaxial - 600 rounds)
1x 7.92mm MG 42 (Loose - 600 rounds)

Upvote 0
kabex said:
Yes please... yet another instance where the germans got nerfed in favor of the soviets...

I believe some stugs also had a coaxial mg, not sure though. they definitely had the one on top, besides, the stug currently modelled was very rare, the later version was much more common(ausf g with skirts 7700 built, ausf f ingame, 359 built)

Both tanks were deployed on the same day, so there's absolutely NO reason to have the old model.

http://www.tarrif.net/cgi/production/all_vehicles_adv.php?op=getvehicles&vehiclesX=96
http://www.tarrif.net/cgi/production/all_vehicles_adv.php?op=getvehicles&vehiclesX=97

For the love of God don't use Tarrif.net as your source of WWII vehicle info. Tarrif was an old WWIIOL player and one of the most vocal Germanophiles there. His website contains a LOT of glaring errors, and should be used for entertainment purposes only.

The best website that I have found for WWII vehicle information is http://www.wwiivehicles.com. There are still errors on the site, but fewer than on most other sites, and there's a lot more usable info there (vehicle history and so forth).

Sites that simply post vehicles stats typically can't be trusted.

Then again, I'd use actual books over websites to get my data. Make sure to use more than one source as well.

Upvote 0
kabex said:

We have an F/8, which has the same gun as the G.

Upvote 0
CaptRanger said:
How can you say that? The SU-76 doesn't have a machine gun either.
True, but I was referring to the STUG being an older model, which was incredibly rare.

It doesn't take much research to know the devs are biased towards the soviets(or at least soviet armor)

In Arad, a '44 map:
Soviets have the best tanks available(super ultra elite equipment, let's be honest), all T34's are /85 variants, even when the 85 variant had just been deployed the same year and was not so common, meanwhile the /76 was still in heavy use, also they have quite a few IS2s(3?) which weren't that common either. The IS2 is an opponent for the Tiger2, not the TigerI or Panther(balancing issue here).

Germans get 2 tigers and a panther(afaik) which is ok, but they also get a bunch of completely useless PZIV's by '44 standards, come on.

If the devs are going to balance the game, balance it even. Give the Soviets their best armor, but also to the Germans. If you're going to have all /85s then I want all Panthers. It's only fair.

I admit I prefer the Axis, but I don't want the Soviets to suffer, I want them using their best weaponry also, and in fair numbers. A bunch of PZIV's against T34/85s just isn't fair to be honest, and don't tell me the devs aren't balancing the game, they clearly are.

Why do the Soviets get access to hundreds(really, how many fausts can the Soviets access in one game?) of Panzerfausts? That is completely ridiculous, they should get absolutely no Panzerfausts just like Germans don't get any Papashas.
--

By the way, I had NO idea tariff was an unrealiable site, I'm very sorry I won't use it as reference material again, thanks for that link and any other good sources are appreciated(I don't have books, impossible to find here).

Upvote 0
well acording to the one site "Rameusb5" gave: The StuG Ausf F started prodution in March of 42, the F8 in September, and the Ausf G in December.

The one in game is the F8 only 330 were made (and 360 Ausf Fs) So enjoy your four more months of use...

Both Had MGs though from what I know thy where more or less "Lose". (fired from an exposed crewmen.)

well I think thy shuld add the StuG Ausf G and make it the late war verient with the Coax MG and remote contoled MG.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
True, but I was referring to the STUG being an older model, which was incredibly rare.

It doesn't take much research to know the devs are biased towards the soviets(or at least soviet armor)

In Arad, a '44 map:
Soviets have the best tanks available(super ultra elite equipment, let's be honest), all T34's are /85 variants, even when the 85 variant had just been deployed the same year and was not so common, meanwhile the /76 was still in heavy use, also they have quite a few IS2s(3?) which weren't that common either. The IS2 is an opponent for the Tiger2, not the TigerI or Panther(balancing issue here).

Germans get 2 tigers and a panther(afaik) which is ok, but they also get a bunch of completely useless PZIV's by '44 standards, come on.

If the devs are going to balance the game, balance it even. Give the Soviets their best armor, but also to the Germans. If you're going to have all /85s then I want all Panthers. It's only fair.

I admit I prefer the Axis, but I don't want the Soviets to suffer, I want them using their best weaponry also, and in fair numbers. A bunch of PZIV's against T34/85s just isn't fair to be honest, and don't tell me the devs aren't balancing the game, they clearly are.

Why do the Soviets get access to hundreds(really, how many fausts can the Soviets access in one game?) of Panzerfausts? That is completely ridiculous, they should get absolutely no Panzerfausts just like Germans don't get any Papashas.
--

By the way, I had NO idea tariff was an unrealiable site, I'm very sorry I won't use it as reference material again, thanks for that link and any other good sources are appreciated(I don't have books, impossible to find here).

Of course the dev's try to balance gameplay. They want to make the game enjoyable for everyone (and it's no fun when one side gets creamed every time). But, the dev's also try to keep things as realistic as possible.

Stug is the German equivalent of the SU-76

Mark IV is roughly the equivalent of the T-34/76 (although the 34 clearly outmatches it, which is historically accurate... basically, the Germans didn't have a good answer for the 34)

Panther matches the T-34/85 and IS2
Tiger matches the T-34/85 and IS2

The strength of the Mark IV is its speed and firepower. Same as the T-34/76. If you think they 76 drivers are doing a ton better than IV's, try hopping in one and going against a Panzer. It, like the mk IV, also relies on speed and firepower. Also notice how each side gets 2 good later war tanks.

My point is, the dev's have tried giving the historical counterpart for each tank. This is for gameplay balance and it still keeps realism. The dev's have stated several times that they will have fixes for tank penetration, so hopefully in the next patch everyone will be able to see how effective the tiger and panther are against soviet armor.

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
And there's only 1 early tank map FFS! Everything else takes place in 1944-45.

what about Bondarevo? lol, I call it Bon-da-RAPE-oh, as the tanks are so unbalanced, being a German tanker is silly. And Hedgehog, that's an early one too, right? that's the one where that war-winning titan, the T60, kills everything in sight. :D

Upvote 0