• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-WinterManor1941

Commissar{SK}

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
USA

Attachments

• Shot00029.jpg
    Shot00029.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Shot00030.jpg
    Shot00030.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Shot00031.jpg
    Shot00031.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feldwebel Crin said:
The last screen makes the house look a bit small. Is it up to scale?
Yeah, its a small house and the JU-52 is gigantic. The static meshes for the windows and doors, ect still have DrawScales of 1-1-1. Mabye manor is a stretch, but there is still plenty of room to fight as theres an attic and basement. I'm playtesting within the clan at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to agree with darkseed on the outside. It might be the lighting causing this, because it kind of looks like a nightskybox on a daytime lighting. The inside however looks nice, looks like a house that was actually lived in. However the stairs look stupid though. No real house would have built-in stairs that have no railings but just a gaping hole (3rd picture in your last post). Keep it up though :)

Upvote 0
DeV said:
I have to agree with darkseed on the outside. It might be the lighting causing this, because it kind of looks like a nightskybox on a daytime lighting. The inside however looks nice, looks like a house that was actually lived in. However the stairs look stupid though. No real house would have built-in stairs that have no railings but just a gaping hole (3rd picture in your last post). Keep it up though :)
The new lighting with a more blueish tinge.

As for the stairs, I am aware of that problem, but I'm not sure what I'll do before I release it. As far as I can tell, I don't see any banister static meshes.

Attachments

• Shot00036.jpg
    Shot00036.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Drude said:
I would like to see map like this with russians having T34/76 and germans PZ III.
I've also thought about vehicles but decided against it at least for now because:

1. It would be an incredible pain in the ass to navigate the trees (since they can't be knocked down).

2. Since the map is focused on a capturing a house, tanks would naturally be shelling the crap out of it, and it wouldn't feel right without destructable terrain IMHO. Perhaps a T-60 since it doesn't have HE shells, but then I would have to give the Germans a means of defense...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
looks really interesting - the outside brightness should definately be reduced a bit, perhaps you could add some point lighting from fires or lanterns to make it more atmospheric.
Lanterns sound like a good idea. I will definately look into that. As for fire, I personally dislike the effect in the UT engine, it looks too fake IMHO.

Upvote 0