• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

One Hit Tank Kill

I try for the space between the suspension wheels and the tread overhang whenever the angle is deflecting my shells. Better chance of an effective hit then...it'll punch through for a kill on the odd time.
Recently I've been try out switching to HE for those pesky long distance ricochets...impact blasts seem to work if you can hammer your opponent enough.

Upvote 0
How about this one

How about this one

I was in a T34 exchanging hits on a panther. he knocks me out after three of my shots hit him. I come back to life hop in another T34 drive around behind him and then ram him and then fire point blank into him - barrel almost touching him. He lives backs up and fires and blows me away :) I have stopped trying to figure it out.

Upvote 0
The really galling thing is that shooting at the exact same location on a tank and a PTRD will yield totally different results. The PTRD instantly penetrates and kills in a single hit. The tank cannon will take several shots to accomplish the same thing. I sincerely hope when the penetration stuff is changed that PTRDs are majorly neutered.

Upvote 0
Having the PTRD modelled to damage the optics and engine would be pretty realistic. My brother was reading that the Russians would aim at the vision blocks on Tigers. This would knock the vision block out of its mounting and knock the driver out as well. The other favourite target was the exhaust and other engine components mounted on the rear.

However, Tigers are not invincible and in WW2 they didn

Upvote 0
I thought it wasn't so much that the ranges were too short, but rather that they couldn't take advantage of their designed enhancements. Like, at close range, the 76mm gun on a lot of Soviet tanks COULD penetrate Tigers if flanked (maybe not frontal armor, though). Plus, given the slow turret traverse, the tigers can't correct aim quickly in close combat.

Tigers' main advantages are:

- 88mm gun with incredible range and lethality across that range.
- Strong armor which, at closer ranges, becomes less of a factor.
- Excellent optics for long-range spotting.

Thus it'd make sense that the Tigers should be providing long range fire. Kind of like the riflemen covering the SMG guys' advance.

Upvote 0
Solo4114 said:
I actually got one-shotted with a PTRD twice on Bondarevo today. Not entirely sure how it happened, since I was in a Pz III and then a Pz IV. Literally one shot and boom. That should not be happening.

You can consistantly blow up the pz3/pz4/stug3 with a single well placed side shot with the PTRD, it's painfully easy to do if you get into a good position. Hell, I've one shotted 4 tanks in a row with the PTRD. A feat even the IS-2s 122mm gun struggles to do ingame. Go figure.

Upvote 0