• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German anti tank weaponry.

German anti tank weaponry.

• Add a Panzershreck and give it to Pak soldats

Votes: 108 78.3%
  • do not add the panzershreck

Votes: 30 21.7%

• Total voters

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
ok well i know this has probably been stated before, but after viewing some of the info in the historical part of the forums(and watching some of the ww2 videos there). i would say the panzerfaust should be a 1 hit kill weapon. i would also like to suggest, that the Panzershreck should be added. the panzershreck would be given to Pak soldats. regular soldiers could pick up panzerfausts, or perhaps the saper would get some panzerfausts.

Info on panzershreck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzershreck
Info on the Panzerfaust
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust
Info on Faustpatrone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faustpatrone

Edit:
actually while doing some research on the panzerfaust, i noticed that the development of it started in 1942, before that the Faustpatrone was used.
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt_faustpatrone/ttt_faust_img1lab.jpg
(link: a picture of a Faustpatrone next to a panzerfaust)
Im not sure how many maps other than Bonadevaro, are before 1942. but perhaps this weapon could also be added?
(it was kept in production until the end of the war)

Last edited:
I'm up for having panzershreks. As it was a rather large weapon, I think it should take a couple seconds to set up, kind of like how you would have to be prone to use a MG effectively. Shreks soldiers should only have a pistol as well, and probably rely on teammates for ammo (like the machine gunner)

As far as one hit kills go... It would really be annoying for the tankers. If damage realism for fausts is going to be implemented, then more realisitic availability should also be implemented.

I read either here, or on http://www.feldgrau.com/ that fausts didnt have carrying straps, so they were a real pain in the a** to haul around, and you wouldn't see more than one or so per pak soldat.

I think magnetic mines would also be a pretty cool addition to the german anti-tank arsenal.

Upvote 0
The Panzerschreck would give German tank hunters more range, that they need. The only problem is it was operated by 2 men. It's more then likely it could be operated by 1 man.

We have the PTRD in game which was longer and weighs 40 pounds, plus 19 shells, 2 grenades and a pistol with 4 clips. A loaded Panzerschreck weighs half the amount a PTRD does. With 3 extra rockets (7lb each) it would weigh the same amount.

So it could be put in the game the same way as the PTRD. You can't fire or reload it while moving and you have to shoulder it to fire.

A Panzerj

Upvote 0
srry bout not putting this in ideas and suggestions.

and no i was not asking for the lend lease bazooka to go into the game, imo, a tanker can really protect themselves if they look around. it shouldnt be my fault that most of them are about as observant as a rock. this is a realism game which is why i brought these anti tank weapons to the tables. numero uno, is that on earlier maps a Faustpaptrone would be nice(less effective though). and on some maps where the panzerfaust is rather no good(arad), it would be nice to have.(im sayin the faust is no good on arad, because of its poopy distance, and m/s.)

oh, and the idea of being given ammo by teamates is a good one!, thanks.

Upvote 0
There are a TON of anti-tank weapons for infantry that are yet to be modelled, and the Panzershrek is just one of them I'd like to see. My personal favorite are the HEAT hand grenades that both the Russians and Germans used.

As far as the "crew served" weapons go, I think it should work like this (and this has already been discussed).

The weapon can be used solo, but the re-load times for them would be insanely long (let's say 30 seconds), during which time the player must stay prone or crouched and can't move (he's busy loading his weapon).

Now let's say ANOTHER player comes up and wants to load the weapon for the Panzershrek player. The other player simply approaches the Player with the Shrek, and presses the "give ammo" button. If neither of them move for 5 seconds, the weapon is now loaded.

To get this to work, one final change must be made. The "Reload" action for players would be ONE MG belt or 5 Shrek Rockets (The crewman can follow the shrek around and help him fire 5 times).

I think this would work pretty well and would definately encourage teamwork. I think the same exact mechanics should also be applied to belt-fed MG's and any other normall "crew served" weapons in the game (like mortars perhaps). Of course, the exact times of reload (solo or assisted) could be adjusted to match.

Personally, I feel that RO (and myself) places realism high enough that I would absolutely hate to see solo "bazooka" dudes running around by themselves.

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
I'd rather see early war german AT rifles.

Which were ALSO crew served (see my suggestion above).

The problem with the early war ATR's is that they were obsolete even before the war started. The reality is that the ONLY Russian vehicle currently modelled that the German ATR would be capable of penetrating is their scout car. It only has about 30mm of armor penetration, and that's at short ranges (less than 100m)

Even if they DID go ahead and model all of the early war Russian equipment (which I want them too), the truth of the matter is that by the summer of '41, the T34 was available, which is TOTALLY immune to the ATR, due to it's armor thickness.

I'll never understand why the Russians never developed a HEAT projector like the Bazooka, PIAT, etc. I believe they may have had HEAT Rifle Grenades, but their range and accuracy is questionable at best. They continued using their PTRD throughout the war, even though by '44 almost every German tank would have been immune to it (thanks to natural armor or skirts added for just that reason).

Upvote 0
The Russians didn't give a rats ass about Anti Tank warfare when they had
30 000+ t34, plus millions of troops.

Their mentality was to move forward en-mass and crush the enemy.

BUT! The germans had to develop AT weapons to counter the massive Russian advantage.
There were times (1943) that the Germans had only 500 battle ready tanks on the Whole Eastern Front.

How this game would be even greater is if, the Russians would have MASS TROOPS and and the Germans would rather have better weaponry.

Upvote 0
Hans_klempner said:
How this game would be even greater is if, the Russians would have MASS TROOPS and and the Germans would rather have better weaponry.

Absolutely 100% correct. First some sort of team balance needs to be implemented, and if server admins or devs agree to put team limits say 40% Germans vs 60% Soviets then Germans can get all the toys they want. But always fight outnumbered. This would be utmost realism for this game.

As it is we have extreme German fanboyism gone rampant:

- German teamstacking 80% of the time
- German fanbois always asking for new weapons on the board - which in itself is nothing bad, if they'd agree to fight in outnumbered team with their superior weaponry.

Upvote 0
:D late war! late war! Hurrah! :D Hehe sorry. Just got a excited reading about IR equipped panthers.

I think crew served weapons would definitely be cool, although I fear that the tankers will soon find themselves overmatched. It seems that it will soon be easier to use antitank weapons then actually climb into a tank to fight another tank. I'd hate for the tank-fans to dissapear from RO, because its a pretty interesting part of the game

Upvote 0
What we need first is to increase the limit of players to 64.
Put in some 1943 maps, quite lareg ones, Kharkov, late 1943 maps.

Hell I would be so satisfied if the game would go like this...

Seelowe, March 1945:
max german players: 20
Max russian players: 44

Fixed armour system, lotsa t34's for Russians.

All kinds of PAK's, Panzerschrecks, Pzfausts, Tiger II, Stug IV's for Germans.
Let the player feel the crude force of the Russians, and the precise machinery of Germany.

Upvote 0
Vote for the third option!
doqplx2cl.gif

Upvote 0