• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Snowy Forrest

SingeDebile said:
whats a good custom map server????? and for example what server did you play this map on?
The Volks Hammer server is a good custom map server (sorry, gotta pimp my clan's server) :D

Current custom maps in rotation:
Entweichen
Budapest
Nabruska
Koitos
POW Train Escape
Ambush
Hill Flak 88
The Clearing (alpha... still very much a W.I.P.)

The CiA/CoR server is also running custom maps, though I don't know the specific maps they run. I have seen FullMJ, Vinitsas (was removed from the vH69 server), and some of the above maps on there, also.

Upvote 0
Map

Map

Map is great. The game play can be tweaked. Agree though the attacker needs numerical advantage or artillery support. At the very least the attacker has to work as a team or he will not win. I was only able to infiltrate by moving to the far left and low crawling around the small hill at the start of the central forrest. This worked because so many were moving up the center of the map and were drawing the Russian's fire. Russians also have advantage with the white cammies as well. Germans really stand out in the dark uniforms.

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
The Clearing! I saw that map back in the mod when I was "exploring" maps. The server was empty at the time, but I have to say it was one of the most beautiful maps I've seen. Nothing but LOTS of trees with a meadow in the middle.

I hope this gets completed and distributed someday...
It will definately be completed... eventually. It is being ported over from the mod version (which used barren trees covered in bushes to simulate trees with leaves) but will take a while due to the sheer number of trees that have to be put in (well over 300, I've been told). It is also being tweaked for performance for the same reason.

Upvote 0
This is a GREAT infantry map! We have it running on our Infantry Only server as well as our All Custom Map UK server.

63.27.168.163:7757
212.187.208.142:7757

I have yet to play it as Russian but it seemed to favor the Germans. Maybe we just had a good team and the defenders sucked.;)

*Edit*
I loaded up Beta10 and made the UK server Snowy Forest 24/7 for a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Snowey Forest, great map, played 3 times today and people on the server were saying the same thing. Stormed through as Germans like mad cappers and killers, kept the axis held at the frontline fence the entire round, and played a pretty even matched round. Now I'm like , **** man, not only is it a great looking map, but it plays nicley too. It really can go either way. As you can tell I really like this map.:D Cheers to whoever made this!

Upvote 0