• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Relative ammo left in current mag

its managable to count, jea, but somtimes a bit hard to count with the semi automatic rifles, while i use them to charge and to "snipe" from midle ranges behind cover, so, while shoting some rounds, then geting under fire and shoting again, its a bit tricky to tell when you have the last shot in your mag fired (and that sometimes makes realy the difference) since you cant see when the gun is empty, but in fact in real, you woud have the bolt from the semi rifles stay open when you fired your last shot, this is a useful and even realistic cosmetic feature, that shoud be in game one day and let you always now, uh when your semi rifle is empty.

it hapens not that often, but somewhat occasionally, that i fire 1-2 round, kill a enemy, get another one in sight, and nothing! The gun is empty! With a reload before, i woud have killed this guy, but i wasnt able to see that, the gun does not show it. It bugs me just sometimes a bit. I ushualy reload my rifle always after i fired a couple of shots, but sometimes you just forget it or think, there is enough left, and i hate it with the semis, to have 3-4 "very light" magazins in my bag

Hope it will get fixed one day, because its already a issue since the mod times!

Upvote 0
I'd like to be able to do a chamber check on the battle rifles; you can easily look down the magazine well on the bolties and the semiautos to check ammo levels.

On the SMGs, STG, and pistols, you would actually need to be able to pop the magazine out (just a "magazine is heavy/light/very light" would be good enough for me).

Upvote 0
Did the magazines on these weapons have cutouts on the side to allow you to visually see how many rounds you have left? If so, then there's nothing wrong with adding some key that lets you take the magazine out and stare at it until you put it back in.

If they didn't have the cutout though, just guesstimate or count as you go. Most of the time I reload anyway, since the game automatically selects the next largest magazine, and I usually don't live long enough to exhaust my ammo.

Alternatively, empty your mag, reload, and find an ammo crate.

Upvote 0
Solo4114 said:
Well, when that happens, haul ass to a resupply depot. They have one on each map I believe. Often more than one.

Oi, I did. It just sucked because we were on Kauk, I had the DP and was mowing people down as they tried to come in through the stables. It was an awesome match, the kind where you think if you slip up even once you could be the one to make your team lose. 'twas quite the fun :)

Upvote 0