• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Collection of Reviews

Stephen Macekfrom Loadedinc said:
Red Orchestra is the most difficult shooter I have ever played in terms of understanding the control scheme of the game. This is not due to poor design, rather it is a function of the fact that being a soldier or a member of a tank crew is not a simple task.

The vehicle portion of the game is a heavy metal battle for key locations and, if played correctly, is an absolute blast (pun intended).

Red Orchestra: Ostfront is easily the most engaging WWII experience I have had in quite a while. I would not recommend this game to anyone new to the FPS world. However, if you think you are good, you should seriously consider purchasing this title. If you can dominate in this game, you’ll really have something to brag about.
Good Review imho :)

Upvote 0
GAMER.NO TRANSLATION

Ok , I'm gonna translate the bits that counts.
It starts with the same old stuff : The game started as a mod ... etc etc .

........ I feel done with Normandie now. As the name indicates Red Orchestra is fought on the East front. Its a lovely change of scenary from other FPS games, games that mainly deals with the American's fighting in the West front.
Here you have missions that takes place in Hungary, Romania and other places you rarely see in games.

....The game reminds alittle of the Battlefield series as the battles are fought out in rather large maps, with tanks available in some of them. But where Battlefield take some artistic liberties in terms of realism Red Orchestra tries to keep to the realities of things
(Not the best translate , my appologies)
This means no X hairs, non existant healthpacks, manually reloading and it doesnt take many bullets for you to "die".

.......The game takes a little to get used to, in return the award is great when you discover how the realistic aspects of it works.
Then there is a piece on how the classes works and he encourages teamwork.
Says the game is well balanced and points out the differance between the artillery part of Red orchestra contra BF2.
He covers the bit on different objectives and points out Rakowice as his favourite when it comes to variety and the different ways of handling the map in terms of tactics.

He is NOT impressed with the training modus (duh :D ) but is quick in pointing out that this after all is a MP game and he is impressed with the map designs that in his oppinion forces the players to work together.

He concludes :
ROOST came as a shot from above (a common Norwegian saying that doesnt make much sense I reccon, its a praise )
In a marked that already is flooded with MP games its wonderfull to see that some are still capable of surprising.
RO doesnt aim for the big masses, but rather for those wanting a more realistic alternative to the BF series.
Here you will have hectic battles both on foot and in armor, where teamplay will be the decisive factor.
The game requires some getting used to , but when you understand how this game works and your team mates works with you , then this is one of the best games of its kind.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:

CS-style excitement is missing (Thank christ for that) who wants bunny hopping spawn camping tards who only are interested in who has the highest kill ratio at the end of the game.

Give me RO with all of its quirks & foibles anyday over the hum drum FPS games that prolifocate the market place.

Upvote 0