• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is Tripwire happy?

One reason this game's following is rather small is that is very difficult to get ahold of without a credit card. I do not yet understand why steam won't accept paypal. I have been looking at EB Games and Gamestop and can't find the boxed version either. I really want to play, but it has become a pain jsut to get my hands on it ;)

Upvote 0
it is sad to see the number falling. I remember the first weekend of release the numbers reached almost 2,000 players and since then it went to about 1.400 to 1.500 players, but now its dropped allot. Im sure it has something to do with people still finishing school or people making plans for summer vacations.

Upvote 0
daschewy said:
it is sad to see the number falling. I remember the first weekend of release the numbers reached almost 2,000 players and since then it went to about 1.400 to 1.500 players, but now its dropped allot. Im sure it has something to do with people still finishing school or people making plans for summer vacations.

Yes absolute it's true one of the streesy moment in the summer times with the side with X-mas days. But i think we should wiat 2 more months. Before and after this summer as the shops around the world will have RO. People will rest or come back from vacations etc etc... So the numbers will go crazy up and down. Very curios period, cant wiat to see :)

Am also hoping that more cup sites matches will apper and create more ladders and things and other mixed support of all kinds to speed up the famouse game as it's true a class as we all know :)

If we all work together on all fronts i dont think we will fail to TW as so far what i sean and heard as close they are to us every singel day... they have never fail us. That what i kinda call of a gaming family, side by side like a dream comes true.

Cheers on m8's

BR A N.

Upvote 0
Well I for one love the game but you will see that I am no longer on the servers simply because it is having a hardware conflict with I think my sound card giving me 19fps usless I go into dxdiag and reduce acceleration everythime before I play so lately I have just recently discovered BF2 and althoug I dispise 1942 and dont care for vietnam for some reason BF2 just wokrs or at least untill yoshiro (I know you guys are working on it and I appreciate it) can get a fix for me). otherwise I hopw RO can keep going and when will we see anyting about the new supposed RO? Unreal isnt untill 07 right so RO alte 07 or early 08?

Upvote 0
Hopefully Tripwire fill release a free content update in september, after the european summer vacation is over.

This would probably regenerate interest, and stimulate a new round of sales. A demo would probably generate some sales too.

Also, the quality of qustom maps will be rising within a couple of months, and i see the next winter as a great season for the RO veterans.

I really dont care if the community doesnt grow that much, but i really want TW to get the money they need to continue developing realistic fps games!

Upvote 0
As with everything in life: size doesn't matter. I always chose quality over quantity. So aslong as I can find one single server with decent pings and players everytime I log on, I am happy ;)

Then of course, I wouldn't mind having a few more players, but I guess that once it hits stores end of june here in germany and austria, we might see a quite large growth, because many want this game, but only a few have a credit card over here.

Upvote 0
While I love RO and think it's the best FPS available today, I think it has two factors going against it...

#1: Eastern Front: I hate to say this, but most Americans don't even realize there WAS an Eastern Front, let alone want to play a game about it. My generation has been brainwashed into thinking the Russians were evil monsters. So now we have a game where we can play as either Russians or Germans. Wow, they're both the bad guys! (This is a generalization and I also know that this is not true, but it's the way a LOT of Americans feel). Any WWII game that you want to sell in America and DOESN'T include the Western front, let alone Americans, isn't going to do as well as those that DO. While the Game Engine and Mechanics completely rock, I would like to start seeing British, Italian, and of course American troops hit the game. Variety is what keeps games going for years on end, IMHO.

2. Diffiulty: Let's face it, RO is hard to learn. It's not like the rest of the WWII FPS games, which are all basically clones of each other from a Game Mechanics standpoint. The number of players asking where the crosshair is gives evidence to that. Unfortunately, the fix for this is to make RO more like the rest of the bland and boring WWII FPS's on the Market today. No thanks! I would rather have a smaller community of people who like the way RO is now than a humongus community of bunny hopping l337 Snipor doodz...

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
While I love RO and think it's the best FPS available today, I think it has two factors going against it...

#1: Eastern Front: I hate to say this, but most Americans don't even realize there WAS an Eastern Front, let alone want to play a game about it. My generation has been brainwashed into thinking the Russians were evil monsters. So now we have a game where we can play as either Russians or Germans. Wow, they're both the bad guys! (This is a generalization and I also know that this is not true, but it's the way a LOT of Americans feel). Any WWII game that you want to sell in America and DOESN'T include the Western front, let alone Americans, isn't going to do as well as those that DO. While the Game Engine and Mechanics completely rock, I would like to start seeing British, Italian, and of course American troops hit the game. Variety is what keeps games going for years on end, IMHO.

2. Diffiulty: Let's face it, RO is hard to learn. It's not like the rest of the WWII FPS games, which are all basically clones of each other from a Game Mechanics standpoint. The number of players asking where the crosshair is gives evidence to that. Unfortunately, the fix for this is to make RO more like the rest of the bland and boring WWII FPS's on the Market today. No thanks! I would rather have a smaller community of people who like the way RO is now than a humongus community of bunny hopping l337 Snipor doodz...

We are not playing as bad guys, we are playing as Soldiers, only fighting for their own survival and just following orders. (Unless you play as a SS or NKVD) :p

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
Arguing with ME isn't going to change the fact that 99% of American Gamers aren't going to be interested in playing a game that doesn't feature America.

Which I find is a pity. But I have read in a survey done by german publishers that Americans rather like simple games. So I guess even with americans it it, it wouldn't be comparable with CoD or DoD in sales...

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
Arguing with ME isn't going to change the fact that 99% of American Gamers aren't going to be interested in playing a game that doesn't feature America.

I'm afraid your math is a bit awry. If you were to say that perhaps a percentage of American Gamers.. I might listen.

You do not nor have you been authorized to speak for me or any of my family or friends. You cannot go around painting with a wide brush making yourself sound like an authority on a subject you really haven't a clue or genuine knowledge to talk about.

Our country is made up of immigrants. Far too many of whom are from Eastern Europe and know the truth all too well. Others from Western Europe also are fully aware of the truth. I've been all through Europe a number of times myself and also know the truth.

Your 99% indication is not in the least true, not based on facts and for me quite offensive in that you dare to foolishly speak for me.

I'm not coming down on you or attempting to argue. I am however, attempting share with you a bit of wisdom.

Upvote 0
well i bought the game from steam.
When i see it in a shop in the UK i will buy the boxed version as well.
So i hope that makes TW happy.
Now ive got AA and AF on the game looks soo much better and i will be playing more.
As for the number of people playing the game dont forget that the summer is not the best time for online gaming.. too many hot days to be spent drinking beer in the sun instead of indoors on the pc.

Yay for beer and sun and TW :)

Reactions: OneShot
Upvote 0