• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is Tripwire happy?

I just spotted this on Gamespy's list of games and their popularity.

19. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Red Orchestra Ostfront [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 202 servers, 995 players

I'm kinda worried that the guys at Tripwire might be getting discouraged since the game hasn't overtaken BF2 yet (though lord only knows why.:p).

Would really hate to see them lose interest in this as it's by far the best WWII FPS I've ever played.

GG's
[/FONT]

RO and BF2 are so different in terms of game theme they really can only be judged in respect of the community that supports the game. BF2 has the large following of the BF franchise...EA nearly blew it on release with a incredibly buggy product. TW's RO release has a fraction of the bugs and a better game engine that runs on more variety of equipment. It's reviews have been pretty good considering TW doesn't have the advertising resources of EA.
Technically speaking RO wins hands down with the UT engine IMHO, that workhorse has been put through it's paces. Can produce the same quality graphics with less video card. You need the 5800FX listed for BF2...with RO it just looks better if you have one.
It's hard to compare games with two different focuses in their gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I congrats at start of the org birth and middle and till this wonderfull morning :)

I have to say fellows that when RO came out at steam, days and weeks later we hade over 400 servers. Thats what i remember.

Now around 200 (sorry havent checked the exact number a bet tired)

So every week when i have time to play it as dropped step by step. It really as worried me alot and i wonder why players quit there RO server? Or did they hit back to there older games with there servers?

The answers are many but personal i dont have them :( I wish i hade because am very curios most of the newcomers what they tought and thinked when they played RO...

I still have a big hope for TW and us all the DVD's in stores around the world will grow. This month i believe we will see some bigger numbers and the next month we will see how high the numbers as rised :)

I cant wiat and am very excited and curios how it will be.

Crossing my fingers and praying ;)

Cheers on all m8's

BR A N.

Upvote 0
Corban Ireland said:
Tripwire isn't a particularly wealthy developer, relatively speaking. And, besides, quantity doesn't always mean quality. I'd rather have this community just as it is (more or less) rather than a community of twelve-year-old BF2/CSS rejects.

Common sense: more players = more sales = more money for TW = better opportunity to develop a better game or improve the current game

Upvote 0