• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the nice little details we often dont notice

I like the little touches on the weapons, like scratches and corrosion spots, gives the weapons a much greater air of authenticity far and above the perfect out of the box and bland weapons in other games.

Also the small details, like the serial number on the sear piece of the 91/30 and M38.

Resting weapons is just awesome, it's totally innovatine and adds so much to the game. My only wish is that you can rest a machinegun without using the bipod, which was done quite often.

Upvote 0
I think the death animations are especially good (and equally disturbing :) ). I notice it mostly in close quarters, but unlike a lot of typical 'shooters' where dead bodies fly around or do terribly exaggerated things upon death, people in Ostfront simply die.

There's something disturbing about seeing the 'life' drain out of someone like that... just dying and their body slowly slumping to the ground. Well done, though.

Upvote 0
Fu. Svedberg said:
turd.jpg

:rolleyes:
lol i have to check that out

Upvote 0
Jet Black said:
I think the death animations are especially good (and equally disturbing :) ). I notice it mostly in close quarters, but unlike a lot of typical 'shooters' where dead bodies fly around or do terribly exaggerated things upon death, people in Ostfront simply die.

There's something disturbing about seeing the 'life' drain out of someone like that... just dying and their body slowly slumping to the ground. Well done, though.
There are no death animations. That's all ragdoll.

Amazing, innit?

Upvote 0
Last night I snuk up on a german in a bunker shooting out the window, I was mad cause he'd already killed me twice so I drop a satchel and book it and KABLAM !
Then all of a sudden a message comes up " lol I saw the satchel and tried to pick it up" I would've loved to see him picking it up.

Another cool one was the first time I saw a guy blow up in enemy spawn. Man oh man the dude came apart like molecular matter. It was awesome.:D

Upvote 0
Jet Black said:

Did you also notice that from a blown off limb blood splashes out of it for a few seconds :D

Upvote 0
Sgt.NightFire said:
Did you also notice that from a blown off limb blood splashes out of it for a few seconds :D

I'm not sure if I have since if I'm that close to someone when that happens I usually get the hell out of Dodge! :p

I did notice once when I was screwing around in practice mode and blew myself up with a grenade that I could see BONE protruding from my upper thigh (I had blown off my leg below the knee).

Oh, wait... now that I think about it, I was playing Stalingrad Kessel and one of my teammates shot a Soviet soldier on a stairwell above where I was crouched, and his blood started to spill out all over me.

Upvote 0