• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire will be biggest FPS company

If they make a western front game as the Ostfront isn't very much covered in most countries..
Yes it really is a shame that the Ostfront isn't covered much,but 'NO' to the Western Front thing.

Imagine using the 101st paratroopers against a group of Fallscrimjaegers

Playing as the Fallys would be fun, but the 101st just screams "REUSE!"

Imagine the firepower of the sherman tank against the panther

I can imagine that. Burning Shermans and mildly riffed Panther.

Imagine re-enacting the battle of arnhem

Well, Market Garden was an interesting gambit...but...

And also, Would it be possible to make a medic class? To heal wounded soldiers.. For example soldiers that take a hit to the chest from a SMG lays on the ground still alive while a bolt rifle would kill him

So SMGs can't kill people, but rifles can??? [/idiocy]

Medics don't 'heal' you; mostly they just patch you up until someone can work on you. If you're hit so bad that you actually fall down and start bleeding out, chances are you're already dead.

"resurrected by a medic" was enough to persuade me not to agree.

And what about making mortars and AT guns useable? That would totally rock and make the game more strategic than ever..

Best idea so far. But making several people work together could be troublesome, especially something that needs a team effort, like an AT gun.

Also, I thought the in-game arty already represents mortar fire? Unless you're talking about short-range stuff, in which case, I think grenade launchers would be more useful :)

............Ive said it a million times: No one has ever done Western Front right so there is absolutely no problem doing a Western Front game.

Even if the Western Front is done 'right'...it's still Western Europe. You're still slugging through the bocage, still fighting in French towns, still fighting your way into Western Germany.

And honestly, shooting it out with Colts, Brownings, Thompsons, Garands, Winchesters, Springfields, etc. again?

Games havent even properly modelled the amount of density of the foilage on the side of my house, let alone a jungle.

Heheh. True. Crysis doesn't look too bad; basically FarCry with a military theme, and that's probably a good thing.

Upvote 0
Duiveltje said:
tbh to stay on the realis side . tripwire will never be the largest fps publisher. why? Because if they grow bigger a major company like EA will take em over.
Let's just hope they'll refuse that... :)
Carazor said:
Heheh. True. Crysis doesn't look too bad; basically FarCry with a military theme, and that's probably a good thing.
Yeah, it almost looks like my neighbour's backyard... :eek:

It's amazing...

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Heh, stay out of the Western Front, there is too much to tell about the eastern.

If you want a good realism western front game (note its still in development) check out 1944 D-Day: www.1944game.com

Rude awakening time, Tripwire does a Western Front version or sequel, you can rest assured every other version of western front type offerings will take a back seat. Tripwire thoroughly does their homework before they release the game (this is obvious) thus, all the superlatives about lopsided this and lopsided that are hot air and rendered neutral. The sheer numbers of troops, support personnel and equipment, including vehicles and weaponry clearly decided the outcome long before the surrender signing.

I am certain that if Tripwire decided on producing and releasing a Western Front, it would be aces all the way. I admit I was skeptical at first but after many hours of sheer enjoyment in ROOST, I'd gladly go for and support a Western Front version in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0
If Tripwire keeps making games like this, they'll never be the biggest company. And that's just fine with me.

I'm not knocking them, but this kind of game definitely doesn't appeal to everyone. And that's a good thing. It keeps out the flood of idiots that ruined Battlefield 2.

Of course, as far as tactical, historical shooters go, I hope Tripwire goes on to dominate that market. For putting out such a high quality product and sticking with it, they definitely deserve to be rewarded.

And as far as Tripwire making a Wester Front WWII shooter...well, I'd certainly like to see a realistic Western Front game, but that should be only secondary to making the definitive Eastern Front game.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
............Ive said it a million times: No one has ever done Western Front right so there is absolutely no problem doing a Western Front game.

Exactly!! I agree completely.... the Western Front games out there are either arcade-like garbage, xbox port garbage or simply sad also rans.

Tripwire could easily run away with the whole enchilada because of the realism and intricate detail in their work.

Hearing and reading all kinds of fancy talk about potent but unreleased projects and no tantalizing screen shots from others become nothing more than simple distractions and rumors.

As to whether or not Tripwire becomes the "biggest", that's really inconsequential. The trick is to become the best at what you do. Tripwire need not be the biggest and become a takeover target. I'd rather see them highly successful at what they do and continue in the same direction as they are and fully enjoy the benefits of their endeavors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
io the west front has been done to ften. Some may say that it aint done perfect etc. But it will just be another WW2 game based on the west front. Right now they have a unique subject. Which non of the other copanies really touched. Except for call of duty, which has some few tiny things with russians, but not even worth mentioning)

Upvote 0
There is no real reason to disagree with a western front RO.
Yes, WF has been done many times.
Yes, most of it was crap. Run and gun through France for the allies.

But if Tripwire would make a WFRO...it would be wonderful. Experience the western front as never before.
And I think even on the western front you can find some places/battles havend seen in a game so far.

Upvote 0
Fu. Svedberg said:
Bahh modern based and history based games suck! :p

Give me a realistic sci-fi shooter! (no "realistic sci-fi shooter" is not a oxymoron)
I remember on Teamspeak one time, the day of RO's launch (or thereabouts), Yoshiro hinted that Tripwire would love to do a realistic BSG (Battlestar Galactica, for those of you at home) shooter.

Oh god that would be SO orgasmic.

Upvote 0
Middle age?
RO with bow, sword and axe?
Not really...

And World War 1...the eastern front could be interesting, but the western WW1 front were mostly a big trench fight...you would need one or two hundred players on one map to storm a trench 100m away...

Sci-Fi could be a good idea. Not such an UT-Laser-jump'gun-game, a realistic game in between the next 50 or 100 years...early energy weapons, mixed with far developed ballistic guns for Flechette rounds...sounds interesting.

Upvote 0