• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wierd/Funny Things Found on Maps

downxerd

May 20, 2006
Florida
Well, i was playing on Odessa earlier this morning and i went into the apartments, about to capture it, and i walked into one of the bathrooms...i look in the toilet and there are like 3 logs floating in there--along with splatter and rust...and stuff nice touch. I start to ROFL (quite literally) and then get blown up with a grenade and one of my arms somehow balances on the toilet.

anyone else found things on the RO maps?

i Quite literally lolled at the "log jam" too when i first saw it, but i laughed even harder once it became famous and i would see 3 fully equipped russians with rifles all crammed into the bathroom looking at it and discussing its very existence :D

Likewise when i see an obviously-new player nervously testing out his bayonet on the dead cows in some maps...dont know why it amuses me, but it does.

Upvote 0
Wolfsglen said:
Likewise when i see an obviously-new player nervously testing out his bayonet on the dead cows in some maps...dont know why it amuses me, but it does.
Reminds me of Close Combat, the RTS game, on a map when you right click, you can see how much cover that area provides. Dead cows offer 'weak cover'.
Would be a nice touch if the same kind of mutulation that happens to players due to explosions would be used on the dead cows too. Mhuaa! Getting postal on a dead cow. (And at least I'll hit something.... ;) )

Upvote 0
There are alot of Easter Eggs throughout RO.

In StalingradKessel, while exiting the Russian spawn, there is a propaganda poster of two children huddled together. After the first few days of playing, I noticed the face on one of the children had changed. Apparently one of the devs had pasted their own ugly mug on it, or something of the like.

On Hedgehog, above a bridge crossing, there is a sign displaying pictures of various Russian leaders and the like. At the top, there's a picture of a dev.

In the basement under the Assembly Hall in Krasnyi-Oktyabr, theres a poster of Lenin, with a dev's mug superimposed over Lenin's face.

I can't remember the rest off-hand, but those are some neat little things to check out when you're bored of camping.

Upvote 0
derspiess said:
Important noob question here: does it make the appropriate sound when you bayonet a dead cow? :confused: :)

I haven't seen the unflushed toilet but will definitely have to check that out :D

that reminds me, they need to change the bayonet sound when you hit different objects...not just the same "chink" sound...i mean *hit cow's fleshy flesh of fleshyness* *CHINK!* metal cow?

Upvote 0
EvilAmericanMan said:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/closecombat3therf/hints.html

The third Stalingrad map.

Wait you can blow up certain terrain objects in CC3? Sweet!

Yep, if it's listed as "flammable". I think it's only on a couple maps, though (Stalin2 & 3). I blew up a KV-1 that was hiding in a factory doorway just by dropping a couple mortar shells & setting off a ton of secondary explosions on Stalin3. Reason #597 why you shouldn't place tanks in buildings :D

Upvote 0