• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt Action

druid said:
I absolutely love the bolts. However, I find the k98's ironsights to be terrible because on many maps, especially urban maps, they blend in almost perfectly to the background. Half the time I'm fighting the ironsights, instead of the enemy :p. With the mosin, I have no such troubles.
Agreed, it would be nice if the sight hood was optional, while not incredibly helpful it's an improvement.

We certainly won't see "tactical iron sights" like the ones they have now w/ glow-in-the-dark markings on the cross tho. :p

Upvote 0
Max said:
Yeah, I got the impression that smgs are less accurate than in the mod at long range...
Hold on there, I dont think that is true. The first two or three shots are I find very accurate. It is the fact that the recoil is so great taht long range shot becom impractical for your weapon is soon pointing far above your target.

Upvote 0
Rifles always have and always will be more accurate than automatics simply because none of the gas is drained off to expel and reload.

Even today the most accurate sniper/target weapons are bolt action.

But hitting anything with one in RO:O well that's another story and if you can on a regular basis then you truly have "l33t skilz" :p

PS I can't :rolleyes: but I'm still trying :eek:

Upvote 0
jedinstven-o crni Wuk said:
rifles have been always the easiest weapon in RO, seems this hasnt changed in RO:O unfortunately.

There are many maps where the SMGs completely dominate the rifles, by simply hip spamming. At least when you die from a bolt action rifle, you know the player took precise aim, every single time.

And if the rifles were indeed easier to use, why would that be unfortunate? Do you want another dod:s where 90% of the players are running around with fullautos?

Upvote 0
kempe said:
doesnt affect accuracy (did and does in real life as it affects the barrel harmonics NOTE: not applicable to russian weaponry as they zeroed with bayos attached IIRC)

in game all it does it make you sway more and sway sooner.
if your resting it has no effect whatso ever

From the RO game-manual:

if your weapon takes a bayonet, it is usually worth fixing it, although it has a small impact on your shooting accuracy.

Upvote 0
take a TV40 or G43 over the bolts any day( on some maps the the STG-44), bolts are always 2nd to semi auto for me. They are still very accurate, and if you miss (happens when rude people decide to move when you are shooting at them:p ) there is already another round chambered. That and you can unload 10 rounds instead of one to any person that dares suprise you as you walk around a corner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0