• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Accuracy of Iron sights. Breathing and shooting.

I notice MOST players stand and shoot especially with SMG's.
Why the heck do they do that? Sure they get "Random" kills here and there but when I played last night I was top of a 20 man server cus of it. I just hope I didnt buy a game where most players are going for random like in CS. I also hope there arent aim bots for this extremely cool realistic game!

Im extremely new to this game but have real life experience using open sights on rifles. Pretty darn easy to aim with open sights when you lay down or crouch. I also have a breathing tecnique for accurate standing shots. Why is breathing not a part of this game? Im not trying to cut down the game cus I love it however a breathing meter would be a nice mod/patch addition to the game for added realism IMO

Sorry none of this is meant to offend just some general ideas :)

con20or said:
I think Americas Army had a breathing meter? Im not sure,I know ive played a game with it somewhere..

Standing and shooting is pants though, unless you have no choice. if you are Iron Sights for too long your practically writing your name in the air your barrell is swaying so much.

Cool cool.

What I was trying to say about standing shots is that in real life you time your breathing and you can be just as accurate as laying down. It takes more time/timing in the breathing tho and this will affect the safety of the player.

Another thing I could add is when your injured you should be more shakey , heavier breathing , less concentration , higher adrenaline and shock could also be added for more realism. :)

Thanks for the comment , please try to find the game with the breathing meter , maybe post a pic of it that would rock :)

Upvote 0
Centar said:
Well in the real life the SMG' were very accurate and easy to handle, in RO they're the opposite.

Well SMG's may have been extremely accurate in real life I find shooting 100 yards with old SMG's to be a little too accurate in this game even for random shooting. I see guys strafing side to side standing and shooting and getting good shots in. I dont understand how but they do! lol

Upvote 0
The SMG's were pretty accurate weapons for close combat. They were only intended for bursting when groups of soldiers were close together (bunker huddling ect...) but when firing single or short short bursts they hit the target no problem. Range is a factor tho as they werent intended for that.

I agree tho most situations with a smg the bugger jumps cus the gunner hold down the trigger and prays......

Upvote 0
You can time your shots to your character's breathing, but it doesn't go into effect immediately.

If you keep IS held up, you'll notice that after a while the weapon starts to sway more. If you're prone, this is more of an up and down motion. Since the bullet trajectory depends on the gun's direction, where you fire during that swaying is very important. There is no 'controled breathing' or what not in game at the moment, though. I have no idea if this is considered a 'possible to be included in the future' by the devs or not.

And the SMGs take some practice in RO, so hopefully whoever is standing to shoot has had some practice :p Maybe they were just looking to keep people's heads down. Pull down with the mouse while you're firing and they're pretty accurate, but when standing that's all shot to hell.

Upvote 0
CapnCrossbones said:
Well SMG's may have been extremely accurate in real life I find shooting 100 yards with old SMG's to be a little too accurate in this game even for random shooting. I see guys strafing side to side standing and shooting and getting good shots in. I dont understand how but they do! lol

They're bots. They hipshot with elite accuracy.

Upvote 0
Tak said:
Ahhhh hahahahaha, I had totally forgot about that.

Yeah, bots don't IS. They just spray you down like they're the child of Chuck Norris and Rambo, and you generally die. If you don't, it's because they were just screwing with you.

Bots are bad-ass. They should wear gang colors with the amount of bullets they spray.

God damn those bots i can remember game not too long long ago when people started complaining that so and so was using aimbot's turns out they were bots lol. Its especially annoy when all you've got is your head exposed and they still mange to hipshoot you from 40 meters.

Upvote 0
Real-life SMG's are more accurate than their counterparts are in RO. R/L they are accurate up to 200 meters (PPSh is as are most modern SMG's unless its like a MAC-10 or something extra compact like that) with single shots, and the recoil is easily manageable (more so than in RO) since the weapons were heavy and the bullets weren't powerful. In RO though its impossible to hit anything beyond 20 or so meters when standing. R/L you could easily hit a standing man at 150+ meters from any stance with these weapons. Plus the exaggerated recoil in these stances...

Upvote 0
yeah but the whole exagerated recoil is a ballance thing. if you ever played a game like call of duty, you know that noone takes a rifle, because the smgs are so easy to use. its made this way to give rifelers a chance against a smg. any trained smger will most always win at close distanes.(i am not really that good with a smg and i have no trouble taking out guys at close ranges.)

Upvote 0
CapnCrossbones said:
Good info guys! Thanks for the comments.

Heres my next question (off topic)

Where are the "NON BOT SERVERS?"

Cheers.......

Set your filters. Checking 'no bots' will hide servers that have all bots or even 1 bot, though, and a few servers run bots until the player count reaches a decent number (usually set to around 15 or so)

Upvote 0
do we talk, about accuracy in iron sights only with the smgs, or do some here talk about the hip shoot accuracy from the mps too?

As i think, from hip, they are "ok" now, not to accurate, s you cant hit a fly from 50, but good enough to have some burst when the enemy is 5m away (and most of the time, its relative easy to hit them on this close distance).

Though, compared to rifles, the mps lack in somewhat heavily, its hard to say realy what it is, because i think its just minor things, but when tall come together, they make it somewhat big. Just the sway for example, as the sway in teh first second you rise up the iron sight, makes no difference, giving your rifle a perfect accuracy, only comparable to a "railgun" if you so want. Another thing is the spray factor of the rifles, as many pointend alrady in other thready the mps seem to have sometimes a very strange diffusion (con fire?) that let you miss clear shoots from distances to 30-40m, so that you need many bursts to kill one single enemy standing there. Another factor, is that riflemens have realy no fear in this game, at least it seems to me, if it is a mg guner, a machine pistol or a soldier with stgw, they seems not to even care about them under fire on midle ranges. I think one of the problems is also, as soon someone gets hit from a grazing shot, which happens very often when you use mps and machine guns on medium distances it seems to have no effect at all on the enemy target, it throws not his aim off, nor feels the player major shocks, at least a shoot in the leg/arm/shoulder shoud ALWAYS throw the aim heavily off. Not maybe from the pain, but from the impact.

Only times, where i see riflemen runing in cover and realy trying to shoot from cover is when they face other riflemens or tanks. Maybe because this are enemys that eraly can do a lot of damage to them, even on gerater distances.

I know there are people out there with formidable skills in using mps, but though, they get outnumbered on medium distances by bolt rifles in large nunbers, which is just often frustrating.

i think, there is needed
- some more realistic sway with more use of breath (many different actions, shoud throw your aim off, like a fast tourn around, standing up and strafing shoud be linked to stamina as well)
- a more significant effect while beeing non critical hit (arm,leg,shoulder etc. grazing shot and so on)
- bullet penetration (hard to implement! I know, but it shoud be a high priority on the "to do list" ), without it i hardly doubt that any riflemen in this game, will ever have real fear again machienguns.

Upvote 0