• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Landmines

I dont see why we cant have mines. if you your a good enough player, and use your brain, you could set some deadly traps.

like some maps have realy tall grass or grain/wheat fields. if your good inough you could plant a few with out being seen. I have been on hill and never even seen that panzerfaust rocket come from the middle of the damn field.

I just think it would be awesome to see some poor sap step on one and lose a leg.

and ever think of adding the MG-15??? water cooled, so you dont have to change barrels.

Upvote 0
I think people are confusing mines and booby traps. Troops were trained to set booby traps in areas they were retreating from. The simplest is probably a grenade with the pin removed wedged under a dead body. Mines could be used, and anti-tank mines placed on likely routes, all designed to cause casualties and slow down the pursuing troops. But in all cases, these would be set in areas that were being abandoned so they would not endanger friendly troops.

Anti-personnel mines were used in a more strategic role, generally sown in large numbers in clearly defined and marked minefields. Their intention was to protect vulnerable areas and funnel attacking troops into the desired approaches. In that sense, we already have minefields in RO - the edges of the map. It would be nice if they were actually marked as such (rather than an on-screen message as you blow up :rolleyes: ) but that has already been raised elsewhere.

Upvote 0
my take:
I would like to c a land mine weapon added to the game but
1. the weapon would not not be used by infantry just an easy way to get rid of volume and adding alot of mines in the way you would like them to be they would also not be able to respawn in this way mines can be added realistically to levels. That had them
2.Perhaps add a function\class (if this is realistic) that can defuseand spot land mines
3.a few land mines here and there (they would have a mesh would poke through ground (the tip alerting you to other mine possible location.

Upvote 0