• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt Action

The Bolt action rifle is the only rifle i use. Though i do find that the Semi automatic rifle completely dominates the Bolt action because i think it comes close to the Bolt action's accuracy and range while having the semi automatic ability. Making it so that you can kill far more enemies in a much smaller time span. Unfair :p

Upvote 0
The bolt rifles arent the most versatile weapons ingame imho and got many disadvantages... but for myself I noticed one thing which makes "the bolt-rifles" a lot more effective: They make you play more carefull if you want to do good:
You need to peek around corners, watch for not being suprised, predict your enemy, make your first shot at the unaware enemy count etc.
So for me its basicly the psychologic effect, but its amazing!
And they are just reliable... if you aim somewhere you know you'll hit there. With the mp40 (as an example) I still can't hit crap with the iron sights, I just can't manage to find the sweet spot :D

Upvote 0
I am a bolt-action affendicado to. I prefer the k98 rather than the g43 even when that is the choice. The g43 feels more inaccurate to me, I have a harder time hitting with it. And since it's a rifle I almost always squeeze of two rounds whenever I fire the thing(In rifle mode I always "work the bolt" whether one is present or not :) )

When you master the hip-shooting and the melee, the rifle is everything any trooper will ever need. That being said, on Red October and Stalingrad I usually go for a automatic class tough - dense urban combat is the one area in which the rifle is exposed as inferior.

Upvote 0
Reznor said:
... and where is my chrosshair?!:D ;)

Don't forget "where i buy gunz??!!"...

Good to see so many people lovin' the bolts. IMO, they are one of the many, many reasons RO is different from other shooters; people are actually, actively picking rifles not just to show off their skills, but because in many cases, they're more versatile and useful.

Upvote 0
Reznor said:
... and where is my chrosshair?!

:D ;)
Shot00053.jpg

Upvote 0