• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Smidt-Rubin K31 usage in WWII?

Some more K31 pics:

k31-1.jpg

k31-2.jpg

k31-3.jpg

k31-4.jpg

Upvote 0
One of the cool things about K31s is that they were generally issued to one soldier, who kept it with him at home for the length of his active and reserve duty. Many, if not most, still have a tag under the buttplate with the name, address, date of birth and military unit of the soldier to whom it was issued. The particular rifle in my photos was made in 1934 and issued to a soldier who was born in 1915. He apparently kept that rifle and maintained it well, for a good long time. I have read reports of some K31 owners in the United States actually making contact with the former owner of their rifle.

Upvote 0
Bat Guano said:
One of the cool things about K31s is that they were generally issued to one soldier, who kept it with him at home for the length of his active and reserve duty. Many, if not most, still have a tag under the buttplate with the name, address, date of birth and military unit of the soldier to whom it was issued. The particular rifle in my photos was made in 1934 and issued to a soldier who was born in 1915. He apparently kept that rifle and maintained it well, for a good long time. I have read reports of some K31 owners in the United States actually making contact with the former owner of their rifle.

Yep, two out of my three had tags under the buttplate. One was a French name and the other was a German name. The first was born in 1924 and was in an artillery battalian. The other was born in 1927 ans was an officer when he turned in his rifle. I haven't sent either a letter yet, but I have found two people in Switzerland that have matching names and live in the areas on the rifle's tags.

Here are my three.

My 1944...
44.jpg

My 1948...
48.jpg

and my 1954...
54.jpg

Upvote 0