• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Europe gets another country! probably.

BicycleRepairMan said:
Yeah, I dont get the whole "merge them all" idea, aside from being a pretty ignorant statement in most cases, the general idea is just wrong. moving towards bigger and bigger nations are BAD, just really bad, ideally IMO is for countries to be as small as possible, so that democracy actually works, and more importantly FEELS like it works, moreover there is a bigger chance that a small group of people can agree on a general political direction..

yeah but look at china and us americans. See we are the world power now (americas and asia). It isnt about size it is about manpower. But i quess europe is tired. whatever. I just dont see me going to all parts of europe. So why should i care.

How do you use sarcasm online?

Upvote 0
Europe can't become one 'country'. There is too much history. You could spend your whole life traveling Europe and never even begin to scratch the surface of it.

I'm an American born citizen, and I envy the fact that in Europe you can walk the same streets that people did hundreds of years ago. Anything original to the Americas was promptly destroyed (ironically, by those same Europeans :D) in the name of progress.

As to the new country, it doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things, no. But neither did a bunch of rebels with their bibles taking off in some boats.

Never be too quick to judge, you don't know what will come of an event.

Best of luck to any Montenegrans (eh, is that the proper form?) on the forums :)

Upvote 0
Tak said:
I'm an American born citizen, and I envy the fact that in Europe you can walk the same streets that people did hundreds of years ago. Anything original to the Americas was promptly destroyed (ironically, by those same Europeans :D) in the name of progress.
Thousands in some cases. Some families still live in the houses they owned when the Doomsday book was written a thousand years ago! Which is why I damn well love this country and continent. You can find maps which're hundreds of years old, a a wander through the countryside will take you past farms which're easily hundreds of years old, you can see from the shapes of the fields how places have changed over the years!

I can go on and on :D. But essentially almost every country in Europe has this much history, (even the different languages, they've got fascinating histories and links too..) which is why they'll never unite to become one country, but they are uniting for certain economical and political reasons. Loads of countries are now part of the EU and more are joining every year. France however (I think it was France) voted against adopting many of the EU laws and regulations, so even the EU can only go so far in uniting Europe.

Upvote 0
MrBunsy said:
No! We cannot lose our cultures! We've got thousands of years of different cultures in Europe! Besides, it wouldn't work. No-one would support a crazy notion like that.

I'll admit I have trouble remembering which country is which in eastern Europe, but good for them anyway.
You mean you are not down with that silly John Lennon song 'Imagine' :eek:... lols me neither. :D

Upvote 0