• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You asked about patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, TW. Ost Front is fantastic and I've had a hell of a lot of fun with it. Getting free updates and upgrades is just the icing on the cake. Keep up the good work, guys. :)

Edit: Could I put in a humble request for the addition of the G41 rifle somewhere down the road? It'd be a great addition to early maps. I'd be happy to provide detailed photos for the art department. ;)

DSCF1152.jpg

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
With that out the way, we'll finalise our plans for updates and add-ons to come (FREE) over the next 12-18 months and release the final version of that plan into the public domain - unlike most other developers/publishers bother to do. And if we can't keep up the flow of free additional content, it will be because we didn't make enough money and went broke! THEN you can feel free to slag us off :)

:eek:OMG:eek:OMG:eek:

You really will share with us what you'll add next? Really ? No bad joke ?

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW :)

Thats really unheard off, but some people will surely nitpick that list to death :cool:

/faints

Upvote 0
First of all, I admit that i haven't had time to read all posts in this topic, so forgive me if I ask a question already asked.

Can someon explain to me how MP41 should be different from MP40, as far as i know the only difference is that MP41 have a wooden stock?!

And for the soviet weapon, how will that be different compared to the other two rifles? (If you disregard from bayonets and so on, anything balistic that will be different?)

Thanks if you can answer my question with a good answer.

Remember, no questions are stupid, there are only stupid answers :p

Upvote 0
Yes the MP41 is basically a MP40 with a wooden Stock, intended for Parailitary Police Units (better for clubbing). Dunno if there are more Handling diferences, you'd have to wait for Alan or Ramm to answer that.

The M44 is bascially a Carbine with a Bayonet, thus its easier to get into ironsights, and you can Stab, i guess on most Combat ranges <100 Meter you won't see a lot of ballistic Difference.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
If we were doing "flog and run", we wouldn't be investing money back into the game - we'd be investing it in the NEXT game. We've produced fixes to a number of the "major issues", including work-arounds for nastiness like the issue with ZoneAlarm (and I am still waiting for them to provide the actual fix to that one).

If you are losing patience with us after a few weeks, only pushing out about one fix/patch a fortnight, I dread to think what you must make of those who take 6 months to get any sort of patch out the door!

And if you prefer to offer a reasoned judgement on it all rather than a quick rant, then wait a couple more weeks until we have this next (big) patch/update out the door. With that out the way, we'll finalise our plans for updates and add-ons to come (FREE) over the next 12-18 months and release the final version of that plan into the public domain - unlike most other developers/publishers bother to do. And if we can't keep up the flow of free additional content, it will be because we didn't make enough money and went broke! THEN you can feel free to slag us off :)

ROFL - Give'em hell.

Upvote 0
Good news about the patch chaps! As I use Zone Alarm Pro and currently have to turn it off and leave my PC defenceless to play the game at all I hope that is or very soon will be sorted, although I understand that you can't control Zone Alarm.s schedule.

Red Orchestra is the most realistic WW2 infantry combat sim so far in my opinion. My only real caveats are that the bots and sometiems the gamers avatars STILL move like insane spinning robots.

Upvote 0
Lionman said:
Good news about the patch chaps! As I use Zone Alarm Pro and currently have to turn it off and leave my PC defenceless to play the game at all I hope that is or very soon will be sorted, although I understand that you can't control Zone Alarm.s schedule.

Red Orchestra is the most realistic WW2 infantry combat sim so far in my opinion. My only real caveats are that the bots and sometiems the gamers avatars STILL move like insane spinning robots.
Check in the old ZoneAlarm thread - I was sure we had a workaround for this so you can plug ZA in again???

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
:eek:OMG:eek:OMG:eek:

You really will share with us what you'll add next? Really ? No bad joke ?

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW :)

Thats really unheard off, but some people will surely nitpick that list to death :cool:

/faints

1. Yes we'll share it with you - well, not EVERYTHING - we will want to leave you some surprises :)
2. People can nit-pick all they like - I long ago got used to this community nit-picking! Long ago learnt to ignore it to :p
3. Oh alright - that plan will no doubt get changed as we go, as we catch better/different ideas - like why we shouldn't introduce the T-28 or the Maus...

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
If we were doing "flog and run", we wouldn't be investing money back into the game - we'd be investing it in the NEXT game. We've produced fixes to a number of the "major issues", including work-arounds for nastiness like the issue with ZoneAlarm (and I am still waiting for them to provide the actual fix to that one).

If you are losing patience with us after a few weeks, only pushing out about one fix/patch a fortnight, I dread to think what you must make of those who take 6 months to get any sort of patch out the door!

And if you prefer to offer a reasoned judgement on it all rather than a quick rant, then wait a couple more weeks until we have this next (big) patch/update out the door. With that out the way, we'll finalise our plans for updates and add-ons to come (FREE) over the next 12-18 months and release the final version of that plan into the public domain - unlike most other developers/publishers bother to do. And if we can't keep up the flow of free additional content, it will be because we didn't make enough money and went broke! THEN you can feel free to slag us off :)

Lol you tell em Alan...lol
I like the 6 months comment..IW onder who that could be refering too?

I have tried to find a chink in that Tripwire heavy support armour but you guys are just too good at it. :)
I doubt that their is another Developer who is so upfront with the fan community as you lot..And long may it continue.

But watch out you maybe starting a trend...lol..and it would'nt do to have every Developer being like you...mmmmm...or would it?:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i can see the fantasy maus map....... the germans get 1/3 of the maus's then the russians get T34 85's ....outnumbering the maus's by 3x1 they will rely on flanking the lumbering maus's, though the maus can take out the t34 with one hit usually.... also to make it even more fun the germans are the ones on offense! This would be hilarious and awsome! if ever i get into modding this is the map i will make.

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Yes the MP41 is basically a MP40 with a wooden Stock, intended for Parailitary Police Units (better for clubbing). Dunno if there are more Handling diferences, you'd have to wait for Alan or Ramm to answer that.

The M44 is bascially a Carbine with a Bayonet, thus its easier to get into ironsights, and you can Stab, i guess on most Combat ranges <100 Meter you won't see a lot of ballistic Difference.

I don't know where you heard the MP41 was intended for Military Police, but it sounds like a myth to me, seems silly that a wooden stock would be adopted just to club people :rolleyes: Here is some info quoted from the book The MP38, 40, 40/1 and 41 Submachine Gun published by Special Interest Publicaties BV, 2001:

--The MP41 is a combination of several existing submachine guns. The wood stock and fire selector mechanism are similar to the MP28/II, while the receiver and action were originally designed for the MP40...reliable information is very scarce. Unlike the MP40/1, the MP41 was never mentioned in the Geratliste (list of weapons and equipment), indicating the weapon was neither officially adopted nor made on request by the army.--

--
Of all possible explanations, there is one more likely than the others, although there is no solid evidence for it. Presumably, the MP41 was manufactured for one (or more) of Germany's allies. The customer either preferred a weapon with a fixed stock or had no option at all. For whichever reason, the submachine gun was assembled with the stock of the MP28/II, of which Haenel probably had a large stockpile.--

--There are several indicatons that this customer was Rumania. The country was an important German ally...Moreover, Rumania used a submachine gun very similar to the MP41, the locally designed and manufactured Orita...Finally, most contemporary pictures of the MP41 depict the gun in use with Rumanian soldiers. Apart from Rumania, it is very likely the MP41 was also delivered to smaller German allies in the Balkans, notably Croatia.--

--In total, 27,500 MP41's were manufactured. The first batch of 26,000 pieces was made in 1941; in the fall of 1944 another 1,500 MP41's were manufactured.--

As you can see, it was not exactly the most widely encountered weapon on the East Front, and not with the German army either. Sure, I am certain some German soldiers used it (and there are pictures of this), but according to most sources I have read, it was indeed a weapon used by Romanians and other allied troops.

And yes, at the ranges in RO, I doubt you will notice much difference with the M44. The ability to stab is all that will set it apart.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.