• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Jam Poll (yes another one about Jaming)

Weapon Jam Poll (yes another one about Jaming)

• Yes. If done correctly.

Votes: 76 67.9%
  • Perhaps.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • No. Im content with a flawless gun.

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters

shadowmoses

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
I want to know what you think about the idea of Weapon Jaming and/or Missfire.

I want to know, plain and simple, you could see it being in the game as a realistic addition, if TWI applied it correctly (happening like 1 in a few hundred).
I DO NOT want to know if you think it would be fun and helpful...Nor do i want an explination on how offten you think it would happen...
This is a poll to get an idea of where the majority of RO players stand on the issue...
Aswell as to encourage Positive and constructive thought on the issue.
Peace! :)
-uBi

Last edited:
I think with front-line weapondry, especially complicated German guns, it wouldn't be fair fetched to assume they jam more than "behind-the-lines" tests indicate. It would be perfectly realistic.

My one concern is that Russian guns historically hardly jammed, even when improperly maintained, and therefore it would be just German sub-machine guns jamming the most. For a game, this would obviously create a balance problem.

Jamming on machine guns would be the most common, but MG's now already have a hard enough time, so I don't see why this should be added for them.

Basically, it would be really cool for historical realism, but in my opinion, may unbalance the game.

Upvote 0
I voted no because I feel that if it is done correcty then it will happen an incredably low percent of the time given that the conditions of the weapons in ROO are assumed to be in top working order becase cleaning is outside the scope of the game.

There are more important features that need to be added first anyway and Ramm is already overworked.

Upvote 0
One thing that would be cool to add, is belt "tangles" on belt fed MG's like the 42 and 34.

2 diffrent kind of jams, with 2 diffrent "fixing" animations. One where the soldier adjusts the belt, and one where he recocks it.

Jamming should be implemented on a realistic level. In combat, guns get knocked about quite a bit. Especially in extreme heat or cold, MG barrel overheating should be adjusted.

Upvote 0
CaptRanger said:
I think with front-line weapondry, especially complicated German guns, it wouldn't be fair fetched to assume they jam more than "behind-the-lines" tests indicate. It would be perfectly realistic.

My one concern is that Russian guns historically hardly jammed, even when improperly maintained, and therefore it would be just German sub-machine guns jamming the most. For a game, this would obviously create a balance problem.

Jamming on machine guns would be the most common, but MG's now already have a hard enough time, so I don't see why this should be added for them.

Basically, it would be really cool for historical realism, but in my opinion, may unbalance the game.

Considering the game (take away the mape layout and the Reinforcements) is completely unbalanced..hahaha
I believe in a realistic game...as im sure most of you do...
I think that In order to apply the true feel of war, one must add everything to it. The thinks that make it intense, the things that make it boring, the things that make it exciting, the things that make it suck. All in all it is these combined items that have made RO what i think it is today. IF (and this a big OF) Ramm and everyone else on the staff that would concern with this, decides to place this Weapon jamming feature in im possitive they will do it right and in a way that we can all agree uppon. I trust them all.
But again this is just an idea i wanted to throw out and see where most stand. so dont take it too much.

[5thW]Heide said:
:D classic statement, and yes I agree. 1st things 1st.
I agree with you completely...This Poll was just to put out some numbers and see where people stand on this issue...I have quite a few other poll idea that i could have used instead...but anyhow.
I really love hearing yall's input.

Upvote 0
veryhungryhobo said:
Can we have that you have to clean your weapon before going into battle?

seriously I think this game should go all the way toward realism.
lol like as its loading the game...You see the text bellow the image "cleaning equipment"...
Jams arent always gunna be from dirt or something in the breach...Often its just from handling...Like firing while spinning or shaking the gun lol.
or even if the bolt handle catch on tomething...or prone the gun's mag into the ground as you are firing... But yes. Dirt is also an issue

Upvote 0