• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

major fps prblem when there shouldnt be

well I just forced the via agp driver over the windows driver and guess what!

Still 10-19fps : (

I dont think its the gfx cuz its getting 19fps in the menu to pick your team and weap (which really shouldnt be that hard to process).

tripwire I think you guys need to relist your cpu requirments if the game is just too busy for your current cpu listing because if Im running this slow then I would hate to see how this plays with the listed min.

maybe your gfx arent demanding but list a 3.0ghz cpu min and prob a 3.7 recommended for this game cause otherwise its slow.

Upvote 0
Is reduce mouse lag off in all your configurations? I noticed in one section of your .ini that it was set to true. Check to be sure that you do not have the selection to reduce mouse lag checked.

Does your M/B have onboard sound? If you are running the Soundblaster card for your sound, be sure that your onboard sound is dis-abled in your BIOS and that you uninstall the M/B's sound drivers from Windows. They can and may conflict with Soundblaster's drivers.

Floyd

Upvote 0
joeblow said:
I have the latest driver for my chipset but the chipset driver doesnt overwrite windows driver it just adds the IDE and sata etc... VIA arena drivers.

In my bios I have the AGP at 8x fast writes enable 128mb apeture and its on agp 3.0.

so why does it say my os is in 2x mode?.

X2 for the operating system is quite allright. My system with a nVidia 6800GT is fully functional and it also says in my desktopsettings that OS = X2.

Did you isntall your videocard drivers AFTER installing the VIA drivers?

For people with 9600, 9700, 9800 ATI cards, they lock up in a lot of games.
WoW, Sims 2, BF:2 and RO (these are justa few examples). Sofar I never found a fix for the problem.

Upvote 0
It may be a gimmie, but just saying it incase no one else thought of it:

Have you used Driver Cleaner between all the driver installs? Even the Via Driver, you don't want to just 'overwrite' your old stuff, you want to completely erase it. If you follow the instructions given in the DriverCleaner zip when you download it, it should work just fine. The worst that can happen is you end up using Windows Default drivers until you get it sorted out (that I have seen, anyway).

Having old drivers and new ones can cause some issues, mostly performance (but sometimes, stability) related.

Upvote 0
myzko said:
Something IS wrong with your computer... I have a worse computer than you, and it runs with better FPS >.<

How about a reformat instead of triyng to iron out what's wrong? :D

well I think I said ealier this game was installed on a fresh format so you can scratch that.

I have mouse lag off in the game but I am still suspicious if it always effects the .ini because I can turn features like dynamic lights off and yet it looks exactly the same.

I do have on board sound but it was disabled in the bios since day one.

no on board video so thats not it.

drivers are fresh but ill try and reinstal nvidia 84.21 again since I am using VIA agp driver and not windows default this time (even though I cant see a diff).

Driver cleaner will only delete the companies drivers not windows defaults if I remember right (so it wont delete the old windows agp driver).

Upvote 0
well just redid drivers and driver cleaner no change I even hit 9fps on oddessa. And yes this game is buggy I have reduce mouse lag unchecked in game yet it still shows true in the .ini so who knows what else is really going on in the background but there is some conflict with my hardware and your software somewhere.

As of now I am dissapointed, love the idea but something is very wrong and if your just going to write it of and say well its your pc then thats fine but seems kinda weak to me since the list here:

cod
cod uo
bf1942
cod2
HL2
DODs
CSS
BF2
GW
HL
DOD
and more

all play fine and some are much more demanding than RO that was installed on a fresh reformat.

so I will hopefully be getting a new mobo and cpu in the next few months but I really should have waited for a demo of this game and I would recommend nobody to get it until they are sure it plays on their pc.

Oh and I have heard from others that they arent getting as bad fps as I am but they are getting lower than expected from higher end pcs than mine too so it may be a small number of us but we are out there and its not impressive for a new game using as old an engine as unreal to be this buggy and slow.

after toting how cool your game was on the idea and figuring the bugs would be worked out all over cod2 forum this is just another let down (we need tripwire ideas and layout with the IW dev crew so it can have cool strat ideas yet play smooth with good gfx).

Upvote 0
Floyd said:
Were the drivers for your onboard sound ever installed? Regardless of if your onboard sound is disabled in the BIOS, if the drivers for onboard sound are being loaded by windows at boot, then there is a distinct possibility that they are conflicting with the Soundblaster drivers (a UT issue)

no the on board sound was disabled in bios before I ever installed windows so as far as windows knows there is no other sound besides my sblive 24bit. Nothing else exhist in my hardware list so there should be no other driver.

I have played americas army and if I remember right it played well but I will dl it again just to make double sure.

Upvote 0
Joe, if you don't have any Unreal engine games, how would you feel about downloading the demo for Unreal Tournament 2004, just to get an idea of how another Unreal engine game runs on your PC?

I don't know of many Unreal engine games off the top of my head, but maybe someone else who does know could list a few off to see if you have any...?

Game engine is a huge part in how well a game performs.

Upvote 0
well the problem is on you tripwire.

I dont know what is wrong or why but I just installed my UTk4 same rez higher settings same sound and all 71fps going to about 80's.

that is more what I was expecting so dont know what to say maybe ill get real curious and dl your old mod and see what happens but if I remember right the mod played fine (which was one of my reasons for getting the final retail).

Upvote 0
well I just tried the mod and well I guess im bummed since I got a little (nothing to right home about) performance 22 instead of 19fps I dont get why ut2k4 play at 70 but it doesnt look like RO is in my imediat future which really sucks since I want to play it but somehow I dont meet its requirments.

Upvote 0
You might try posting at the www.driverheaven.net forums, including all your computer info including which drivers, and which game, there are some bright experienced folks over there. You might try running this http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1391 diagnostic utility, see if it uncovers a problem. All else failing, maybe delete all your Red Orchestra files, wait for the patch, then reinstall. I run the 3d audio (not 3D hardware) and have an Audigy 2 Value card, the game does run better. Also, the triple buffering, with V sync on, has helped me (ATI 9800 Pro card however).

Last edited:
Upvote 0