• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MY fixes....

H&K

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2006
i always get the c++ runtime error... your fix doesnot work....
here is how i get the game to work.

c++runerror restart steam go to my games. right click RO hit properties. go to local files tab, hit verify integrity of game cach. when its complete restart steam.

right click steam hit properties find target. steam apps. <your account name here>. Red Orchesta. System. find the RO launch symbol (starts the game). right click on it and hit create shortcut to desktop. use THIS shrtcut to start the game. but make sure you are logged out of steam. use the RO short cut to boot up steam. this is what i have to do to play the game. if you get the C++ runtime error again verify integrty again.

If I create a shortcut from the ro folder it doesn't boot up Steam at all, it just tries to boot RO and finds steam missing.

Can you explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I think I got confused with part of his instructions.

right click steam hit properties find target. steam apps. <your account name here>. Red Orchesta. System. find the RO launch symbol (starts the game). right click on it and hit create shortcut to desktop. use THIS shrtcut to start the game. but make sure you are logged out of steam. use the RO short cut to boot up steam. this is what i have to do to play the game. if you get the C++ runtime error again verify integrty again.

I navigated to the ro/system/ folder and that is the shortcut I am using. Did I get something wrong? The only way I know to launch RO and Steam togeather is to create a shortcut through steam.

Upvote 0
Curiously enough, at one point in time, I had to launch RO from the RO shortcut on my destktop. Starting Steam and launching RO from the Steam interface did not work. However, using E:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 1200 as the command line in a shortcut from the desktop would. I don't know if this is related or not. I'm supplying it FYI (and to confuse the issue :D :( )

Upvote 0
Floyd said:
Curiously enough, at one point in time, I had to launch RO from the RO shortcut on my destktop. Starting Steam and launching RO from the Steam interface did not work. However, using E:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 1200 as the command line in a shortcut from the desktop would. I don't know if this is related or not. I'm supplying it FYI (and to confuse the issue :D :( )
Hi floyd,
I use the same start up and have never had a problem, even for Dod S, I go from my descktop link. I only start steam for the News update or for downloads,keep it clear & straight !!!:)

Upvote 0